In this short guide I will explain you how to install Mac OS X on old Elitegroup ECS 945GCT-M2/1333 (v1.0a) motherboard with Pentium Dual CPU which are 100% compactible. Check my signature for my full system spec!
For this guide, I will use OS X Lion distribution - iAtkos L2 (search on google for download).
After you downloaded iAtkos L2, burn it to DVD with CDBurnerXP .
Now you have successfully burned iAtkos L2 to DVD!
*Here starts booting & installation*
- Put DVD in your CD/DVD drive and restart your PC.
- Press F8 and select CD/DVD drive to boot from it.
- When you see small countdown bar of iAtkos L2 install press F8 and type in cpus=1 to prevent some issues during installation and slap ENTER on keyboard to proceed(not necessary, but I did it).
- After few minutes Language selection should pop out, choose your language and click on the arrow (which means "Next")
- Go to top menu and go to "Utilities", than "Disk utility".
Select your Hard Disk, click "Partition" and for "Volume scheme" set "1 partition".
Name it "OS X Lion" and for "Format" select "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and click Apply.
- Close Disk Utility.
- Click "Continue".
- Click "Agree".
- Now, select your "OS X Lion" disk and click "CUSTOMIZE". See this picture below to see what patches/drives you will need.
CLICK HERE TO SEE CUSTOMIZE OPTIONS
- Now click "Install".
- After about 30 minutes installation of OS X should be done, click "Restart" or wait 10 seconds, it will restart automatically.
- Now you should see Chameleon Bootloader, it will countdown 5 sec. till it starts OS X. After countdown, you should see Apple logo. (if you stuck at Apple logo, at Chamelon countdown thing press any key and type -v to boot with verbose mode to see what is problem.)
- After Apple logo, Apple account setup should pop-out (select country,timezone,account name, etc...)
- You are at desktop of your freshly installed OS X Lion!
Now you should search kexts for audio, graphics card...
After you all got ready, enjoy your OS X !
Feel free to update to 10.7.4!
If you have any questions, please send me a message on my YouTube, or Tweeter !