- Submitted: Feb 28 2013 10:26 AM
- Last Updated: Feb 28 2013 10:26 AM
- File Size: 4.81MB
- Views: 2202
- Downloads: 1,245
- Compatible with 10.5.x Leopard: No
- Compatible with 10.6.x Snow Leopard: Yes
- Compatible with 10.7.x Lion: Yes
- Compatible with 10.8.x Mountain Lion: Yes
- Compatible with 10.9.x Mavericks: Unkown
- Source / Credits: link
Download TinyUmbrella (latest) for 6.1.2 [win/mac] 1.0
TinyUmbrella is a combination of two earlier tools, both of which were written by semaphore. It requires Java and iTunes to be installed. (Windows users need the 32-bit version of Java, regardless of OS architecture).
- Umbrella -- used to save the SHSH file of your iDevice to make it possible to later downgrade or restore the firmware. It even works with non-jailbroken devices.
- TinyTSS -- local server used to playback saved SHSH files during an iTunes restore.
- If Cydia returns only some of the SHSHs you desired, it is because Cydia does not have the others. Sorry. Nothing you can do to get them.
- TinyUmbrella needs admin privileges to listen on port 80 and to change your hosts file.
- Mac users:
- Fixing your permissions can help with the 255 error on startup.
- Mac users that just cannot get TinyUmbrella to work properly -- Install TinyUmbrella to your /Applications directory then run
from the Terminal.
- Disable Web Sharing (System Prefs -> Sharing -> Uncheck Web Sharing)
- Windows users: Disable IIS (see for more info). Also make sure Apache is not running.
- All users: Disable Skype while running TinyUmbrella.
- Custom devices can be added by entering "Manual ECID."
- Apple TVs must be plugged into an outlet as well as USB. Make sure your Apple TV is plugged into the wall, then plug in via USB. Reboot your AppleTV and then start TinyUmbrella.
6.1.2 Support Update
TinyUmbrella has been updated to work with iOS 6.1.2 on relevant devices. Make sure you don't update to 6.1.3 when it drops. I wasn't able to get 6.1.3 beta included (I just got too busy). But if you desire to keep your jailbreak, avoid 6.1.3 like the plague.