Welcome to osx86.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hbrown88

Can't Boot From Hard Drive, only unibeast usb...any fixes to start like a normal mac?

Question

My system runs great, its just I have to constantly boot from the USB U{censored}. Is there any way I can boot straight into OSX? I have tried chimera, chameleon and nothing is working for this boot issue... any ideas?

11 answers to this question

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3, Rev 2.0, bios FB

MSI 6870 w/ 1GB

8GB ram

Core i5 2500 3.3GHz

WD Hard Drive 1TB

DVD drive

System works like a charm except me having to boot from the USB all the time

If you HDD haves 4k sectors (check on the manufacturer`s website) you need to follow this steps in order to get your HDD boot working > http://www.osx86.net/10-6-snow-leopard/14171-iatkos-s3-v2-installed-rebbot-loop-problem.html

If you HDD is a normal HDD with 512b sectors, you need to follow the steps on this thread to see what`s prevent you to boot OS X from your HDD > http://www.osx86.net/10-7-lion/13453-every-bootloader-fails-boot-after-install.html

That makes more sense. How do I change my boot sector size on a western digital hard drive??

I'm completely lost, sorry I'm such a noob...

I can get to my boot loader screen but is there a way to automatically boot straight into OSX without manually clicking it??

Edited by hbrown88