Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K.G.

Issues in modifying the boot.plist

Question

I originally installed Chimera 1.70 via MB{censored} as my boot loader. I wanted to incorporate flags such as busratio in boot.plist. I seem to be unable to find which file to modify. In my Extras folder I only have org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I have tried to manually modify it as well as using the Chameleon Wizard but not of my modifications take effect. I have tried to copy and modify a com.apple.Boot.plist in my Extras directory but again the boot loader does not make use of the flags.

If I edit via text editor or Chameleon Wizard the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and just add the busratio that I have been using upon boot, I get a kernel panic.

I have also upgraded to the latest version of Chameleon via Chameleon Wizard. Still, editing the chameleon.Boot.plist does not seem to work.

Any recommendations? I have looked all over bit I am stumped. I thought maybe the plist referenced by the bootloader was somehow in the "EFI" partition but I checked it and found nothing in there.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Copy/paste org.chameleon.boot.plist to your Desktop and edit it manually. After modifications put it back to Extra folder.