Welcome to osx86.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damstas

Stuck on Apple logo and spinning wheel on boot

Question

Hi!

I have installed OS X Mountain Lion 1.8.3 on HDD, but when I try to boot spinning wheel and Apple logo won't disappear.

I have removed graphics kexts and after that I can boot with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

but not without those. What could be wrong?

Hardware:

CPU Intel i5-3570k

Motherboard Asus P877-V Pro

No graphics card, only HD4000

Toshiba 80 GB hdd (Mountain Lion install)

128 GB Intel 330 series SSD

500 GB WD Caviar Blue Sata 3

8 GB of Corsair RAM

Corsair AX 650 PSU

Asus DVD-drive DRW-24B3LT

Video about my problem:

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't backed up anything, but I deleted just some ATI, AMD and Nvidia stuff as suggested in other forum.

If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :S

If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :confused:

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

Thanks

How can I set GraphicsEnabler=No and UseKernelCache=No, since there are just options to tick Graphics Enabler and UseKernelCache. Do I just untick, if I want them to be =No ?

And now I got Kernel Panic..

Maybe I should just quit this whole Hackintosh thing, since I can't even get it to boot properly.

I don't even know what options to choose in Chameleon Wizard: Boot0hfs, Update.. Since I can't find any tutorials.

Edited by Damstas

What are you using to install kexts?? Are you using MultiB**st. This would probably be the best tool to use. It is available on {censored}****.com. Check out this site for a list of bootflags and what they mean. If you have installed OSX then you are doing very well. Most people who try to create a hackintosh can't even get that far!!! You are light years beyond 50% of those who try. The community here will assist you as much as we can.

Hi!

and thanks for the answer!

I tried to install basic boot flags in chameleon wizard, to get OS X booting normally without having to type any flags.

I haven't installed any kexts or anything. So should I have first used typed boot flags and then installed MB{censored} + kexts and then removed boot flags?