Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitkid

Mountain Lion on AMD

Question

Hi,

?

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion on this machine:

AMD Sempron 145 2.8 GHz Single Core Processor

6 GB RAM

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 PCI-E

450W PSU

250 GB HDD

?

*I know, it's amazing*

?

?

The progress:

Sound worked OOB (onchip)

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 running with legacy_kernel through ModCD

?

?

?

So the problems:

No QE/CI, rocking on 1024x768 through HDMI but I think this will get fixed when I get 10.8

No ethernet, which i think will come when I actually get 10.8 to work (Realtek RTL 8167)

When starting a sort of installed version of Mountain Lion it just restarts after the bootloader, probably cause of the kernel.

?

Kexts:

3xYfJdG.pngFe6UaPd.pngrokVAVp.pngp4IoMMk.pngG22cm59.png

I'm open to try anything so give me suggestions.

7 answers to this question

I've tried N{censored}'s 10.8 for AMD, and it does not work. I get the same thing, just reboots as it tries to load the kernel.

I've tried several kernels that claim to work with AMD processors (along with a countless variations of boot flags), but I think the problem is, I need a legacy kernel.

I have been successful with installing iATKOS's Snow Leopard. I have found download several links to Nawcom's alleged AMD legacy kernel, but all the links lead to what seems to be a dead page http://www.nawcom.com/. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I read somewhere that he has stopped developmeny due to health reasons. Either way, I have found a few other AMD legacy kernels, but none have worked. Of course, my main source is google which doesn't always give you the best search results...lol

?

Here are my specs:

Acer Aspire 5560

AMD A6-3400M APU

Radeon HD 6520G

ATI BeaverCreek HDMI Audio

Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter

Broadcom BCM57765 Memory Card Reader

?

I would be happy with Snow Leopard, but somethings don't work with it, i.e. audio, wireless/lan, memory card reader and I only have 1 option for display (1280x726... should be 1366x726)

?

Anyway, if anyone has a clue as to what kernel would work with those specs, or how to fix the things that aren't working, it would be greatly helpful... thanks...

Guys, try Nawcon cdboot with retail dvd snow leopard? (on case talking to snow leo).

That's what I currently have running, and as I stated above, I would be happy with it, if I could just get the screen resolution, wlan/lan and now mouse issue fixed. My touchpad mouse is not being detected. I tried using the latest MB{censored} to fix said issues, but it didn't work... Should I try an older version of MB{censored}?

armand23 likes this

Dear people, I have the same specs and I can't install mac osx on mi laptop, mi laptop is hp pavilion dv6-6110us AMD APU 3400m and AMD Radeon 6520G 8gb ram but for any reason I can't install the OS on my laptop, somebody want to help me please,

?

I hope your help dude thomas.raines please I see that you can install it success right?