Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

lvg

How to install Mavericks on Asus S400CA-UH51T

Question

I already have mountain lion installed dual boot with windows 8.1 in my laptop having UEFI bios; which has intel i5 3317U, 8gb ram, 500 gb hdd with 24gb ssd cache, intel 4000 graphics and VIA HDA. I tried touch screen. Not working. Sound, camera, key board and mouse are working. I would like to install Mavericks fresh, not update. How to go about? Any link or help will be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

The guide speaks about installing in legacy bios mode not in UEFI bios. I do not want to disturb my windows installation. Any other solution?

So, which bootloader do you use currently? Clover, XPC, Ozmosis? With them, you can just run/double click Mavericks.app from your Mountain Lion/Applications and do upgrading. Anyway, safe your time redownloading by creating Mavericks Install Media first (backup as a USB installer).

?

Before that If you use Clover, don't forget to put FakeSMC and Keyboard/Mouse kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9. Inject those kexts on first and second reboot.

hor

?

So, which bootloader do you use currently? Clover, XPC, Ozmosis? With them, you can just run/double click Mavericks.app from your Mountain Lion/Applications and do upgrading. Anyway, safe your time redownloading by creating Mavericks Install Media first (backup as a USB installer).

?

Before that If you use Clover, don't forget to put FakeSMC and Keyboard/Mouse kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9. Inject those kexts on first and second reboot.

plz tell tell me how to install clover

@pro3oy, have you had a running hackintosh PC? If not yet, you might start with Chameleon bootloader and MyHack which is easier to understand how they work to begin OS X installation in PCs. BTW, you must have OS X machine (real Mac or hackintosh) especially to download OS X and create the installer.

?

To me, the obvious difference with EFI based boot loader (Clover/XPC/Ozmosis/Revoboot) is having a real experience as in real Macs when installing/upgrading OS X. Just download from App Store, run the app, reboot twice, and done. No need an installer except for a backup.

?

So, to install Clover, you can get its installer from here?http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/. Sure, spend your time in wiki page to get more info :)