Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

MIKXHT

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.6.7 battery problem solved for me

Question

Hi, I'm a brand new member.

?

I live in Japan and last week at a sale I managed to get two 1000HE's for around US$200.

I installed 2 Gb RAM in both and installed (1) 10.6.0 and then (2) 10.6.7

?

I spent the last few days scouring the net for batterysolution and then it occurred to me that most of us remove batteries when removing hard drives etc. At least I do. Perhaps ONLY the battery needs to be present at installation time?

?

Tried all the various battery kexts to no avail.

?

So I wiped the drive and started again? . . this time with main power disconnected and the battery inserted.

?

After the 10.6.7 update Voila !? The battery shows accurate coneection and charge level.

?

WORKING

?

USB : Out of the box apparently.

Quartz Graphics : AppleIntelGMA950 ( gets installedwith NetBookInstaller.

Sound : VooDooHDA + VooDooHDA.prefPane

Keyboard : VoodooPS2Controller-0.98

Ethernet : AttansicL1eEthernet

Webcam : Skype works

Wireless : After Atheros is installed.

Bluetooth Out of the box

Battery : Don't use the power supply during 10.6.0 installation.

?

Not WORKING ( yet . . .? )

?

Sleep : Help please. Has anyone at all had any success with getting sleep/wake from sleep to work on the 1000HE?

?

Shutdown : Have to use the 1000HE power button to fully shut it down. Help please

CARD READER : Anyone know what the maker is and wheter it is PCI or USB ?

?

The 1000HE is a great little machine and uses about 10% of the power of my 8 Core Mac Pro.

?

Cheers !

gasusiacuulse likes this

19 answers to this question

Hey, good to see people still using this machine with OS X! biggrin.png

?

Mine is currently running 10.6.8 with everything functioning, including sleep and shutdown. ?Strange how your battery meter didn't start out accurate, VoodooBattery has worked perfectly for me ever since. ?Don't really need the VoodooHDA prefpane, so I just installed v2.8.4 standalone.

?

How'd you get VoodooPS2Controller working? ?My keyboard would work but not my trackpad, so I'm still on the ApplePS2Controller that came with NBI. ?How's the trackpad with VoodooPS2? ?Jumpy?

?

Shutdown: Using the OSXRestart.kext that came with NBI. ?Power button can be enabled to pull up the shutdown selection menu with DSDT patch.

?

Sleep: First, I installed SleepEnabler for 10.6.8. ?This enabled sleep, but the netbook did not wake. ?I later found out it did, except the backlight was turned to the lowest setting. ?A simple DSDT patch fixed it.

?

Here's the DSDT from my 1000HE with 2 GB RAM:

dsdt.aml.zip

gasusiacuulse likes this

Hi,

?

Thanks so much for replying, yes, the1000HE is a great little machine.

?

I possibly spoke a little too soon . .

?

I removed the hard drive to an external enclosure connected to my Mac Pro to merely copy over some non-system files .. photos etc.

?

When I putt he drive back in the 1000HE I got KPs and afetr about three restarts . .it started up but entering anything in Firefox resulted in endless characters appearing in Firefox's address bar.

?

I'm going to start over again from scratch. I did manage to get a 2 Gb DSDT but I will try your one this time.

?

I don't recall how I got both thekeyboard and trackpad working but the trackpad was definitely jumpy . .unsusable. I prefer a mouse anyway.

?

QUESTION : Is there any REAL advantage in going from 10.6.7? to 10.6.8 ?

?

Cheers,

?

Mike

gasusiacuulse likes this

I had my 1001HA running perfectly with 10.6.7, but my wife needed it with XP/DVBT so....

If my memory is correct, keyboard and trackpad had no issues at all, WLAN was swapped for a Atheros, of course.

Sleep was not working but lid close/open was, as well as brightness and volume keys.

?

Maybe I should set up with Nawcom`s Mod again and have a look. The 1001´s are nice netbooks for sure.

?

Here's the DSDT from my 1000HE with 2 GB RAM:

Hey Lacedaemon ! Your DSDT is fantastic !

?

I finally have (1) soft 100% shutdown (2) reliable Battery level showing !

?

Thank you so much for taking the time to sus thus out.

?

Much appreciated. eagerness.png

?

So I have two 1000HE's one of which (white one) has your DSDT but the other (black one ) has keyboard AND trackpad working . . but no battery.

?

I have no idea how I got both keyboard and trackpad working in the black one but as soon as I have lime I'll list my Extra/GE? and SYS/Lib/E for you to look at. Oddly enough, the black one's Extra folder is empty so what does this suggest?

?

The white one lacks only WiFi and sleep at the moment. I'll get round to working that out sooner or later. Any suggestions?

?

Mind you, the wi-fi in the 1000HE is not up to scratch compared to Airport cards, very weak signal but OK for around the home.

?

Regards,

HackinDoge likes this

If you need me to upload my GeneralExtensions I can certainly do that. :)

?

I don't recall installing any kexts to /S/L/E, so that shouldn't be necessary...