Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texasrangersjb

Changing resolution on Yosemite Hackintosh

Question

My host system is a Surface Pro 2, and I'm running Yosemite on Virtual Box. Here's my host system's specs--

?

128 GB, 4 GB RAM.

?

Processor: Intel? Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70GHz

?

Installed RAM 4.00 GB (gave the Virtual Box Yosemite 2.25 GB)

?

64-bit operating system x64-based processor

?

I can run Yosemite.Zone with minimal problems, the internet/audio even works. But I am having difficulty changing the resolution from the default to my Surface Pro 2's 1920x1080 resolution.

?

I've already tried a few things. I accessed the 'Extra' folder on Yosemite, and changed the resolution in .org.chameleon.boot.plist. All I did was change the standard resolution to 1920x1080x32. Here is a screenshot of the chameleon file as is.?(I also ran CMD as an administrator, allowing VirtualBox to handle this change. I can't remember the exact command I used, but it was one suggested by the internet). But still, no change... resolution stays well under 1920x1080, and my Yosemite 'Tosh looks like a box.

?

For what it's worth, here's a screenshot of my Yosemite Hackintosh specs.?Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Did you saw you video memory 5 MB, so make it larger.

?

VBox emulates ur hardware so it not going to work 100%.But what Gpu you ?have SP2 ? .

?

Try change settings on Vbox settings.

texasrangersjb likes this

Thanks for the quick reply.

?

My GPU is an Intel? HD Graphics 4000

?

My video memory is set to 40 MB. Should I make it even larger?

?

Other Virtual Box settings-- For "Processors" I have it set to 1 CPU, with 4 available. Also VT-x/AMD-V is enabled.

if it is hd4000 then you need to use ig-platfrom-id=0x01660004 or 03

No, it's a parameter you try and set in the Chameleon bootloader configuration you use (i.e. the org.Chameleon.boot.plist) or, alternatively, you can try and patch your DSDT (if you use one) to inject that specific id. At the moment, you do not seem to have full graphics acceleration, hence the reported 5MB video RAM.

?

Use Chameleon Wizard app for the Chameleon boot file, you'll see the parameter mentioned by Dmos immediately. It's called InjectIntel-ig and the value to pass to must be written in flipped order; for instance for, say, layout id 01660002, you would enter value 02006601. This may also manually be entered at bootloader prompt with option InjectIntel-ig=xxxxxxxx (still in flipped order).

post-181173-0-90611200-1437928591_thumb.

?

Alternatively, you may also choose to play with Capri framebuffer values until you find the value that matches your hardware own settings. This can be very easily and very safely tried with Chameleon manual boot option IntelCapriFB=xx where xx is in the range 0 to 11 if I remember correctly. Try with value 3 or 4 to begin with, these apply by and large to most laptops. If system hangs or leads to black screen, you simply reboot so no harm done.

?

RampageDev has a very good tuto on HD4000 on his blog. You'll find that the ig-platform-id derives directly from the Capri framebuffer value. For instance:

• option IntelCapriFB=3 applies AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x0166003
  • option IntelCapriFB=4 applies AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x0166004

Here is a table of Capri frame buffers (courtesy of Henry Wong's blog):

post-181173-0-61089200-1437930451_thumb.

?

PS: no need for the -force64 flag in your boot plist with Yosemite; like all released versions since ML, it's a 64bit-only version of OS X... I guess you probably used a distro for your installation.

Edited by RV_ABZ
Dmos and texasrangersjb like this