Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

TpwUK

ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual E5-2667v2 ES CPU's ElCapitan 10.11.6

28 posts in this topic

Nice Tutorial! Does Sierra Installation work with the same EFI Setup? I have a U{censored} USB Stick, does it make sense to replace the EFi with yours? And after Installation, the same with my SSD?

Thanks.

If you have the same CPU's and graphics card as I was using then, the replacing of the EFI might work. I had a power failure which corrupted my Z9 just as Sierra was made public beta and just as I got the newer Z10 system built. The public beta did not work on the Z9 but did on the Z10. Whether this was down to the new Sierra security settings was never ascertained as I gave the Z9 to my bro as an early Christmas present and proceeded with the Z10 build.

However after saying this, I am not sure how things will work out for you using anything other than Clover and Apples create media ran on another hack or a Mac with an App Store acquired Sierra image

Martin

noname likes this

I see. My setup is a little bit different:

2x Intel Xeon E5-2696V2 (12-Core)
8x 16GB ECC REG DDR3 (128GB)
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS

Right now I have a lot of trouble. Installation worked, but starting from SSD is pain. Most of the time I get the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" Error. Still trying to find a permanent solution..

The Z9 should work as a Mac Pro 6,1 SMBios but you will need to find a proper Serial Number - Serials that start with CO can be problematic.

128Gb RAM is good for the Mac Pro 6,1 too

The DSDT might need editing to get the full 24/48 cores/threads to work, if I remember rightly you will get AppleACPI errors on boot if it's needed

El-Cap used to support the -xcpm_ipi too and you can get proper speed step support with Yosemite and El-Cap 

Yosemite gives you better chance of getting Nvidia working without black screen issues if the GFX card is installed to PCIe Slot 5

El-Cap required the SSDT2 file if I remember rightly too.

Martin

Hey Martin.

Sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot for your help.

I managed to install Sierra now. I use the following kext files (link in this guide https://www.tony***x86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-x79-mostro.200083/)

FakeSMC.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

I created a custom SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh script after some modification (E5-2696V2 is not in his list). Used the setup from E5-2697V2 with custom clockspeed etc. Should work..? But I think Turbo does not work at all (Geekbench around 26k). I think because of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? But without I will have KP on boot. I saw you did not use this kext with a similar setup.

Angain, thanks you so much!

8 hours ago, jan2ooo said:

Hey Martin.

Sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot for your help.

I managed to install Sierra now. I use the following kext files (link in this guide https://www.tony***x86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-x79-mostro.200083/)

FakeSMC.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

I created a custom SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh script after some modification (E5-2696V2 is not in his list). Used the setup from E5-2697V2 with custom clockspeed etc. Should work..? But I think Turbo does not work at all (Geekbench around 26k). I think because of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? But without I will have KP on boot. I saw you did not use this kext with a similar setup.

Angain, thanks you so much!

If you're using clover then it should boot using the Asus fix and ticking KernelPM in the kernel patches section. You can also boot using -xcpm_ipi as a boot flag.

Martin