Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.


TpwUK

ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual E5-2667v2 ES CPU's ElCapitan 10.11.6

28 posts in this topic

Yeah, System boots now with -xcpm_ipi, AsusAICPUPM and KernelPm and without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and disabled EIST. With enabled EIST it wont boot. But my Multi CPU Geekbench went down to 20k but Single Core increased ;)

HWMonitor tells me 3,07GHz on CPU load and activity monitor has 48 threats. I generated a new DSDT, but with the same result :(

 

Thanks again.

 

Edit: I dont know what I did, but Turbo is gone again. Do I need AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? But now the System starts with EIST enabled/disabled. It doesnt matter...

Edited by jan2ooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jan2ooo said:

Yeah, System boots now with -xcpm_ipi, AsusAICPUPM and KernelPm and without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and disabled EIST. With enabled EIST it wont boot. But my Multi CPU Geekbench went down to 20k but Single Core increased ;)

HWMonitor tells me 3,07GHz on CPU load and activity monitor has 48 threats. I generated a new DSDT, but with the same result :(

 

Thanks again.

 

Edit: I dont know what I did, but Turbo is gone again. Do I need AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? But now the System starts with EIST enabled/disabled. It doesnt matter...

EIST is now handled by KernelPM and -xcpm_ipi so it's safe to be disabled in the BIOS, you may want to consider disabling HyperThreading too especially with Sierra. If you are using El-Cap then you will probably find VooDooTSCSync and the kext given here will help with getting full SpeedStep and Power Management enabled.

 

Martin

 

HackPlatformPlugin.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the guide, I've managed to get Yosemite booting on my Z9PE but am having some trouble getting video working properly.

 

My Hardware

Motherboard: ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (bios 5802)

CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680

GPU (slot3): Quadro 3700 FX

RAM: 64GB Reg ECC

 

I can boot using your guide (with EFI.zip), clover and the options:

-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1

 

However, I am trying to get the graphics card into native mode.

I have so far tried with nvda_drv=1 and with GraphicsEnabler=1

I also tried changing SMBios to MacPro3,1

 

I have also tried installing the web drivers (v346.03.15b01) and using nvda_drv=1
 

Whenever I try to boot with those options, I get a blank screen and a crash after the driver is loaded.

I also had an old 9500GT lying about, which causes the same problems.

 

Does anyone know how I may be able to get full function of the graphics card?

Out of interest which slot are you using for your graphics card?

 

I also have a GTX680 in my other rig, maybe I'll have more luck with that card...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zeigerpuppy said:

Thank you for the guide, I've managed to get Yosemite booting on my Z9PE but am having some trouble getting video working properly.

 

My Hardware

Motherboard: ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (bios 5802)

CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680

GPU (slot3): Quadro 3700 FX

RAM: 64GB Reg ECC

 

I can boot using your guide (with EFI.zip), clover and the options:


-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1

 

However, I am trying to get the graphics card into native mode.

I have so far tried with nvda_drv=1 and with GraphicsEnabler=1

I also tried changing SMBios to MacPro3,1

 

I have also tried installing the web drivers (v346.03.15b01) and using nvda_drv=1
 

Whenever I try to boot with those options, I get a blank screen and a crash after the driver is loaded.

I also had an old 9500GT lying about, which causes the same problems.

 

Does anyone know how I may be able to get full function of the graphics card?

Out of interest which slot are you using for your graphics card?

 

I also have a GTX680 in my other rig, maybe I'll have more luck with that card...

Your boot args look good, try adding agdp=Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86 to the end and see if that gets you in, if not the SMBios might work as an iMac 14,2

 

Martin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello - I have a Dell T3600 workstation running 10.11.6, with a single Xeon 8-core E5-2670 v1 with  32 GB ECC RAM, ATI HD5770 gfx. I set it up as a MacPro 6,1 smbios. Clover EFI legacy boot, no DSDT, no patches. Same boot flags as you, they work for me for both Yosemite and El Capitan,  GFX work excellent as MacPro 6,1.

Edited by mikey1953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, mikey1953 said:

Hello - I have a Dell T3600 workstation running 10.11.6, with a single Xeon 8-core E5-2670 v1 with  32 GB ECC RAM, ATI HD5770 gfx. I set it up as a MacPro 6,1 smbios. Clover EFI legacy boot, no DSDT, no patches. Same boot flags as you, they work for me for both Yosemite and El Capitan,  GFX work excellent as MacPro 6,1.

You have done well to get a Sandy processor to work as MP6,1

 

Martin

 

mikey1953 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now