Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

poesel

Sierra install problem

Question

Hi,

have a working 10.11 installation with clover 3763. Downloaded the installer from the Appstore, ran it, reboot and chose the installer partition. Installer runs until the line:

... com.apple.xpc.launchd org.ntp.sntp.134 Service exited with abnormal code:1

comes. Then nothing more happens. I can reboot back to Yosemite.

I guess this is not enough information to answer my question - so what do you need to know?

Thanks!

16 answers to this question

Found it! I had forgotten to copy the kexts from the 10.11 folder ( EFI/CLOVER/kexts) to the 10.12 folder. After that the install went through.

Thanks for helping!

If I remember rightly that error is from looking for the time server to set the time and date on your computer. If it's exiting with an abnormal code then you either don't have a supported ethernet or wi-fi device, so if you can disable it or them in the BIOS and see if you get any further.

Martin

Sierra has an unusually long launch time on the installer where nothing gets printed to the screen. The above error you originally posted is not usually enough to make installation fail to load, are you giving it long enough ?

I have heard reports from 3 to 30 minutes needed to get to the install screen. Just because you cant see anything happening it doesn't mean there is nothing happening.

Martin

Ok - I left it for a few hours and indeed something happened. I now see the Apple logo with an empty progress bar and a spinning bar. No progress from here after 12+ hours. I hope that is enough. :)

Is there a way to log the boot messages? Something in there might help.