Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martonijus

[resolved] Problem after kexts installing

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello, using hackintosh - Yosemite for months. I got all working except battery indicator. I followed some tutorial on youtube and downloaded battery kexts and installed. After that Hackintosh didn't boot, got some kernel panic, over the apple logo screen and coulnd't boot normaly neither in -x mode. Finally I boot when I used UseKernelCache=No -x. I deleted the battery kexts, restore the old ones.. Then I had no kernel panic on apple logo however it boots only in -x mode. In -v mode I got the message, see the image below.. Thank you in advance for any help

100_2712.JPG

Edited by Martonijus
Rory likes this

7 answers to this question

Those errors are telling you that the 'Dependency' files are either missing or they are incorrect versions or that they are not compatible in some other way.

My personal experience with these kind of errors is to start from the last one reported, so in this case the voodoo ps2controller - If it's missing, add it, if it's there remove it and see if you can boot without it. If removing it don't let you boot, then seek help from RehabMan and replace it with whatever version/fix he supplies or recommends.

Martin

Rory likes this

Thank you Martin for your reply. I deleted voodoo ps2 controller, didn't help, I installed new one, didn't help. I post on Rehabman's forum but it's difficult to get reply there. Actually I post on many forums. Except you no one replied yet.

Rory likes this

6 hours ago, Martonijus said:

Thank you Martin for your reply. I deleted voodoo ps2 controller, didn't help, I installed new one, didn't help. I post on Rehabman's forum but it's difficult to get reply there. Actually I post on many forums. Except you no one replied yet.

This might help, no promises as it's a different model but it seems very thorough

Martin

Rory likes this

Thanks, but these are tutorials for installation new OS X if I understood correctly.. I have OS X already installed, worked normally for months, just need it to fix it to boot it normaly

I fixed it. I remember after I installed OS X for the first time successfully, I wrote down all the steps I did as well I backup all the files, kexts etc that I used during installation. There was a step that I already forgot that installation of AppleACPIPlatform.kext solved my issue with not booting to normal mode.. So I just found the AppleACPIPlatform.kext file, installed and it works

TpwUK likes this

22 minutes ago, Martonijus said:

I fixed it. I remember after I installed OS X for the first time successfully, I wrote down all the steps I did as well I backup all the files, kexts etc that I used during installation. There was a step that I already forgot that installation of AppleACPIPlatform.kext solved my issue with not booting to normal mode.. So I just found the AppleACPIPlatform.kext file, installed and it works

I noticed that very same kext being mentioned as a possible fix in the link I provided too. I provided the link not as a how to install, but to follow the fixes that the poster has tried and used to get things working.

It's great to know you have it up n running again and well done for remembering you took notes from when you first installed things, there's a lesson right there for anyone reading this :)

When you get chance could you please change your post title to [fixed] or [resolved] thanks - Have a great 2017 and enjoy your hack!

Martin

Martonijus likes this