Welcome to osx86.net

If you need help with your Hackintosh we have all the drivers, kexts and bootloaders and other stuff that you hadn't figured out you needed yet. Register now to get access to all of the files and forums.

BogGogo

GT 540M recognised with 384 vram. How to increase it to its default 1GB?

Question

Hello! I recently successfully installed Mac OS Sierra on my Toshiba laptop (P755 10D). All works well except for the fact that my video card - Nvidia GT 540M is recognized with just 384 vram although it has 1GB. I used this kext that made the OS recognise my hard as GT540M and not HD 3000 see the image -> https://ibb.co/djYMaF . Does anyone know how I can increase the video ram? 

1 answer to this question

I'm surprised that old kext even worked in Sierra.  You're lucky it didn't break your system!

From what I gather from the comments section of the file you used, if your card isn't being recognized properly by the kext alone, you'll need some kind of DSDT patch to get it properly recognized, although the OP wasn't very specific as to what kind of patch was necessary.

However, I would advise that you halt any further work on the GT 540M, delete the installed kext, and focus your efforts on disabling it, as NVIDIA Optimus does not work in macOS.  You'll be able to achieve full graphics acceleration and save a lot more battery if you stuck with your HD 3000.

noname likes this