Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

HP Pavilion DV6000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Cyphie

Cyphie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got Lion installed on this laptop now and since the wireless card isn't working I need to install the ethernet adapter.

Its the intel version of the DV6000 range, can't find exact network adapter anywhere.
New to this mac stuff so help would be appreciated. I am pretty good with pc's so technical terms are no problem and I found out how to install kext files.

Hope I will get some help from the pro's here.

Ps. The network adapter worked fine in the snow leopard version.

Edit: I found some more information with the system info tool I found here.
Ven ID: 10ec
Dev ID: 8136
Vendor: Realtek Semiconductor etc.
Device RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller

Gonna do some more googling myself as well

Edit 2:
Problem solved, for the people who also have this and end up here the solution for me was installing the next file: http://www.kexts.com...c_v2.0.5-1.html

Might be a combination of things, but this was last thing I did before it worked.

Edited by Cyphie, 22 February 2012 - 10:54 PM.
Additional information

rbrickyboy

rbrickyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Good stuff.
I have a dv6000(6245ca) and I really want to upgrade from my 10.5.8
to lion. couldn't find a complete tutorial.

Cyphie

Cyphie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would write you a complete tutorial if I hadn't taken out audio card and wireless network card, also the DVD drive is currently not yet build in nor is the sd card reader.

Building it so that motherboard sits behind monitor in a custom case, meant as a small PC instead of laptop since keyboard was broken with certain keys.

USB mouse and keyboard works fine with this.

rbrickyboy

rbrickyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:( I don't really care if wireless card, ethernet, sd card reader, built in webcam are not working..
I just need the QE and other stuff working..
or if you know any thread for dv6000 with tutorial for Snow Leopard.
Thanks

Cyphie

Cyphie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not sure what you mean with QE but as to guides for dv6000.. No, really a lack of those as far as I could see.

I managed to install it just fine with the iatkos DVD.
Seems like it installed it over my snow leopard installation.

After the initial install I only had problems with the network adapter not working and that was solved with above description after a lot of googling, the rest I don't use so no idea if they would work by default.

Using USB for keyboard and mouse and my iPhone or iPad as speakers (using 3rd party apps).

Not sure if QE would work since I got no idea what that is.
Also I am using a intel version, exact model number I don't know anymore, don't have original casing anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users