Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Video Contest!

- - - - - contest prizes video

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

John

John

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts
Dear community,

Installing Mac OS X on a regular PC can be a real pain in the ass for some people and is a piece of cake for others. This community is a place for everybody to help eachother with installing the best operating system on your own personal computer. With over 40,000 posts, over 2,000 files and over 320,000 members it is a strong and helpful community.

OSx86.net is now starting something new!

We are starting a video contest! The goal is to create a video that is helpful for newbies at hackintosh. So people that are now running Microsoft Windows or linux and want to learn more about Mac OS X. To get an idea about such a video, have a look here.

The following rules apply for the contest:
1) The video should be helpful for people that are not running hackintosh currently
2) The video needs to contain instructions on how to download files from OSx86.net
3) No distributions like iAtkos!
4) Don’t use TonyMac tools like UniBeast, Chimera, Multibeast, etc.

The main goal is to help other people with your video of course! But we have prizes also!

The OSx86.net crew is going to pick a first, second and third place winner. The prizes are:

1st place: 100 USD NewEgg gift card
2nd place: 50 USD NewEgg gift card
3rd place: 25 USD NewEgg gift card

We will announce the winners at monday April 30. Be sure to upload your video on time!

Videos should be uploaded to OSx86.net (click) in the "Video contest" section. It's a good idea to post a link to your video in this topic as well!

Please consider donating, so we can launch more contests like this with different objectives. The more you guys donate, the more useful videos will be made!

Kind regards, OSx86.net staff

Edited by John, 08 March 2012 - 08:11 AM.
Changed prizes & typo in deadline.

MacBook Pro 15" Retina: 2,3 GHz (2013) with 500GB SSD / 16GB RAM (Iris Pro / GT 750m)
iPhone 5S 32GB

Visit OSx86.net The number one hackintosh community!

Are you a server administrator? Then have a look at http://www.betweendots.com!

jvangorkum

jvangorkum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Cool idea! But, and I don't want to be offensive in any way, why aren't tools like unibeast allowed?

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,596 posts

Cool idea! But, and I don't want to be offensive in any way, why aren't tools like unibeast allowed?

Because what is "Open source" need to remain "Open source"...

That way, the person who Develop a tool will have the credit for this...

TonyMac uses "Open source" applications and resources to redistribute as Developer and even make money with this...

In this mean time, the real Developer don`t earn money and credit from your own job, and probably, never will give to "our"
community a great effort again...

579868.png

Asus P8Z77-V LK Firmware 1001 / Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge / Geekbench

Mokiproxy

Mokiproxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, My video :P Dev Exploit : MAC OSX 10.6.8 On Dell Inspiron 1564 / Core i3 ATI Mobility 5470 QI/CE 100% Working ! - YouTube

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I seek to force

heathgresham

heathgresham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
And I'd be great at this but I used multi beast and iboot. Sorry. Good luck!

mbinzai

mbinzai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
greatly idea!

cluless

cluless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
When is the deadline?

John

John

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

$100 gift card for newegg.com tigerdirect.com or something of the likes would seem to be more appropiate

You are right, so I changed it! Next time you can let me know without the drama :-)

Hi, My video :P Dev Exploit : MAC OSX 10.6.8 On Dell Inspiron 1564 / Core i3 ATI Mobility 5470 QI/CE 100% Working ! - YouTube

You should read the rules again...

When is the deadline?

The week before April 30th 2012.

MacBook Pro 15" Retina: 2,3 GHz (2013) with 500GB SSD / 16GB RAM (Iris Pro / GT 750m)
iPhone 5S 32GB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay to make the video do we need an external camera? Because I'm still rigging my Bluetooth headset to record and I don't have a video camera :/ would installing in VirtualBox be acceptable?

John

John

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts
Best would be to record with an external camera of course. VirtualBox is accepted also, but make sure that newbies understand what you are doing and more important, how they should do it themselves.

iPhone 5S 32GB

sdlun

sdlun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
wow. making a mackintosh without tonymac tools is like next to impossible. its gonna be a challenge alright. good luck to those entering :)

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,596 posts

wow. making a mackintosh without tonymac tools is like next to impossible. its gonna be a challenge alright. good luck to those entering :)

I never saw in my entire life a easiest way to install OS X Snow Leopard for example, using Nawcom ModCD and a Retail
OS X DVD...

Depending of the Hardware, the user don`t have to install anything more making the installation even more easier
than install Windows or Linux...

TonyMac earn money by let the people without the minimal knowledge to even install a simple kext, and if you go
to his forum asking for help, you get help only if you uses his tools...

579868.png

Asus P8Z77-V LK Firmware 1001 / Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge / Geekbench

imick

imick

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

When that's your opinion, you are the noob for who TonyMac developed his crap. He took kexts (drivers) and files from everywhere and placed it inside a PKG (installer binary).

Edited by imick, 08 March 2012 - 03:46 PM.

stressman06

stressman06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
très bonne idée
si en plus on pouvais demander un sous titrage français serais le top
merci a vous grâce a qui j ai installé mon 1er hackintoch

Edited by stressman06, 08 March 2012 - 03:26 PM.

sdlun

sdlun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

When that's your opinion, you are the noob for who TonyMac developed his crap. He took kexts (drivers) and files from everywhere and placed it inside a PKG (installer binary).

That's why myHack is now written in C++ and not Open Source anymore.. Because TonyMac stole the code!

Whoah! didn't mean to offend someone here. sorry

ZackehSoul

ZackehSoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Enjoy. Installing A Mac/Linux/Windows Triple Boot System On PC

John

John

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Enjoy. Installing A Mac/Linux/Windows Triple Boot System On PC

You should read the rules again.

iPhone 5S 32GB

lucianoga

lucianoga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
what language do you need to choose for the video?

John

John

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts
Preferably English.

iPhone 5S 32GB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, prizes, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users