Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

snow leopard on compaq presario cq61

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a compaq presario cq61-412AX, and i was wondering if its possible to install snow leopard on this machine. Its Amd athlon tm 11
dual - core m340
2200 mhz
4096 mb
and unable to change the bios in this machine.It is sse2, sse3 and sse4 supported.If its possible , which boot loader should i try, and i dont have access to another mac, before anyone asks.I would appreciate someone to suggest a boot loader, and a link to a tutioral, and i will post back my results incase someone else has this model.It is currently running windows 7 ultimate 32 BIT.I want to get 2 hard drives, one running windows 7 64 bit, and one hard drive with snow leopard on. Thanks in advance , to anyone who may wish to help me out.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts
Follow this guide > http://www.osx86.net...x-10-6-amd.html

579868.png

Asus P8Z77-V LK Firmware 1001 / Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge / Geekbench

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks kyndder, for tutorial. I got as far as part 8, where it gets stuck at the last line, and wont proceed any further. I think my disk maybe faulty, so i have ordered a new one, which will arrive wednesday, $39.00 in australia.I have decided to do a dual boot, snow leopard and windows 7 on the same disk. Do i need a different tutorial, or will this one work.
thanks for your help.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

I have decided to do a dual boot, snow leopard and windows 7 on the same disk. Do i need a different tutorial, or will this one work.

You can use the same guide...

And if you need some help just ask here...

579868.png

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello Kyndder,
have followed the guide, but comes up with the following errors, view the picture. it wont start up without the nawcom cd, it works if i leave cd in.there is an error in the txt file of the chameleon loader.
Chameleon installer log - Mon Mar 19 00:50:34 CST 2012
Installer version: 2.1svn 1730
======================================================
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: Windows_NTFS System Reserved 104.9 MB disk0s1
2: Windows_NTFS BOOTCAMP 258.8 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS MAC OS 241.2 GB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: CD_partition_scheme *88.9 MB disk1
1: Apple_partition_scheme 77.4 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk1s1s1
3: Apple_HFS OSX86 ModCD 77.0 MB disk1s1s2
/dev/disk2
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *750.2 GB disk2
1: Windows_NTFS Elements 750.2 GB disk2s1
Running EFI postinstall script
Target selected by user = /Volumes/MAC OS on /dev/disk0s3
Target volume = /Volumes/EFI on /dev/disk0s1
ERROR Volume is not on a GPT partitioned disc.
EFI script complete
Running Post postinstall script
Target volume = /Volumes/MAC OS
User selected to make a new install.
Cleanup: ,2,3
Post script complete

cant seem to load image up , so u can see what errors i get on screen, errors appear on boot up as soon i remove nawcom cd.

Edited by scorpio51, 18 March 2012 - 06:48 PM.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts
This lines does`t tells useful information...

Host your picture at ImageShack or TinyPic and place the link here...

579868.png

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks for your help Kyndder. heres the link to the photo. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[IMG] I copied the link into my browser, and it works, look forward to your reply, snow leopard version 10.6.3 purchased from apple store.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts
Try to install Chameleon again using Chameleon Wizard and "Boot0hfs" option...

After the boot loader installation, go to the org.chameleon.Boot tab, select the options that you see on the picture below and save inside of your /Extra folder...

Droplr • Screen Shot 2012-03-18 at 11.50.08 PM.png

Go to the SMBios tab, set a SMBios of a MacBook6,1 and save inside of your /Extra folder...

"Don`t Reboot"

Download and install the Combo Update 10.6.8 from Apple`s website and also "Don`t Reboot"...

Install Legacy Kernel 10.6.8 and reboot > http://www.osx86.net...for_10.6.r.html

Try booting from HDD using the flags -f -v ...

579868.png

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello Kyndder,
my problem is i open chameleon wizard, select bootohfs, then click install,then i get error couldnt download file, check internet connection.in the internet i get the error Ethernet has self-assigned IP address and wont connect. is there a way of installing chameleon wizard,without internet. i download the file and put on portable hard drive, but when click install at bottom of program it wants to go to internet. I have read quite alot of ways of how to get net running with ethernet, wireless would be better, but tested lots of ways and still get same error. Hope u know the answer to this one. Thanks

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
after installing chameleon wizard, where do i find the chameleon i386 folder, as i cant get internet working to download update. thanks in advance to anyone who may help.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

after installing chameleon wizard, where do i find the chameleon i386 folder, as i cant get internet working to download update. thanks in advance to anyone who may help.

Download this Chameleon Wizard > Chameleon Wizard 4.0 - Downloads - OSx86.net

And use the "BuiltIn" option instead of "Buildbot"...

579868.png

scorpio51

scorpio51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello Kyndder,
the pc booted properly after using chameleon wizard 4. I dont have audio, internet, and not sure if graphic card is reconised. i followed the instructions for the audio, but after installing multibeast , my computer locked up with white writing over the screen. as i printed out the guide, i completely started again, have installed combo update. how do i test graphic card, and get audio working, as when i used multibeast most of the errors were to do with this pc not being an intel machine. I use a dlink wireless router for internet, cant seem to get ethernet cable to work. once everything is working would i be able to upgrade to lion, or stay on snow leopard. Thanks for your help.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts
Unfortunately for AMD processors the limit is Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

To know the right drivers for your machine use this app > System Info - Downloads - OSx86.net

579868.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users