Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Make a Bootable USB Mac OS X installer... :) Both Windows and Mac

- - - - - bootloader cascio97 chameleon mac windows

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Hi guys,

There are many ways to make a working Bootable USB mac osx installer...

I'll start with the Windows Tut...

1)
1) Downloads: Download PowerISO.exe link removed No link.... No warez --Lacedaemon
2) Installing: Install poweriso, it's crack
3) Bootabling : Click on Open and select your DMG or ISO file then click on tools--->Create a bootable USB
4) Device: Select your device to install it on
5) Start: Click on Start and wait until it finishes ( for 4.5 GB it takes about 3/5 minutes....)
6) Finish!: Congratulations! Now you have a bootable USB media... please if it won't work by selecting F12 at boot prompt, modify the BIOS to boot the USB before everything!

2) ONLY IF ABOVE WON'T WORK!
1)File -------> open ------> select your dmg/iso file
2)Right Click on usb device ------> Format with disk image and select your disk image
3) Start format and wait...
4) You now should have your mac osx bootable USB!

Mac... It's Easier :)

1) Programs: Open Disk Utility
2) Selections: Select the USB you want to make bootable
3) Clicks: Click on Erase -----> Format: Mac OS Journaled Name: whateveryouwant
4) Wait: Wait until it finishes erase....
5) Selections: Click (on the left) your USB media you have just formatted then click Restore
6) Clicks: For Source: Click on Image and select your DMG or ISO image For Destination : drag the USB media from the left to the textbox
7) Clicks: Click on Restore and wait..... it may take up to 10 minutes...
8) Finishes: If you note that your file isn't bootable then download chameleon bootloader or chimera one and install it (with all customizations you need ) to your USB media....

Hope it helps!

Don't hesitate to contact me!

Cheers Cascio97

Edited by Lacedaemon, 26 April 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

NO QE/CI ON ATI RADEON HD 4330 - PLZ IF ANYONE HAVE THIS CARD WITH QE/CI TELL ME!
Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU @ 2.20 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Thanks who will help me getting ATI Mobility HD 4330 fully working...

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,
and i'm sitting here WTF did i do?

Answer? BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! :)

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok I'll try i hope itll work for me :o

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
that is the old version of power iso, you need 4.8 or newer in order to find that bootable usb option in tools... :-)

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
thanks , I changed the link in description and added credits to you for help.... :)

that is the old version of power iso, you need 4.8 or newer in order to find that bootable usb option in tools... :-)

Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

NO QE/CI ON ATI RADEON HD 4330 - PLZ IF ANYONE HAVE THIS CARD WITH QE/CI TELL ME!
ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i have chosen in the bios screen to boot from usb before everything else but still I just see a twinkling line in the left top of the black screen and it remains like that... my usb is 16g and I've used iatkos 10.7.2 from a .dmg file onto usb by poweriso...

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Okay... so, at boot press F12 and navigate with arrows to select the usb...
Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ive already done that but it doesn't work, ill try now to make an iso file of that dmg file and then making a bootable usb...

in "create bootable usb" the label "write method" only has the option 'write raw image file to usb' can this be? anyway now ive convert the dmg file into an iso file and ill try to make a new bootable usb hope it works...

Edited by toaboy, 23 March 2012 - 04:08 PM.

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Yes... i know... it has the only option... But i can't understand why? why it worked for me (and other people) and not for you? o.O
Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i don't know i have a sony vaio laptop ati 4570 512mb 4gb ram 320 gb hard drive ive already made a primary partition of 30 gb in bios ive changed the boot method 1: external drives like usb 2: optical drive 3: hard drive and ive set usb boot to 'enable' in bios , i cannot change the hard drive options IDE to SATA (i think i have sata) because in vaio bios system it's protected maybe that's the problem i don't know, but from dvd it boots but stucks by pci configuration and in usb it doesn't boot but now ive made the iso file and i'll restart the laptop..

no IT DOES NOT WORK :(, but wait I made the bootable usb (TDK 16gb) on my own laptop, did i have to make it on my other pc and then boot it from my laptop?

no IT DOES NOT WORK , but wait I made the bootable usb (TDK 16gb) on my own laptop, did i have to make it on my other pc and then boot it from my laptop?

Edited by toaboy, 23 March 2012 - 04:36 PM.

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Try.... Can please.. other people try it?
Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

toaboy

toaboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
do i have to erase my usb with the option fat, fat32 or ntfs? does it make sense? when I boot my laptop from usb i can see the light of the usb twinkling but then it stops suddenly twinkling and i only see a twinkling line at the left top of the screen :(... nothing happens its like 'the laptop TRIES to read the files on the usb but it fails'..

woutertje

woutertje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Okey, many thanks,

BUT. how is it possible to use your hard disc?
Cause I think you have to format it to a Mac format?
HP Pavilion g7-1220sd notebook pc
i5
4GB RAM
500 GB HARD DISC
WINDOWS 7 home premium
17,3"

Twitter: @wouterdabomb
MSN: woutertje@me.com

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
at boot type F12 and select the USB media, if this not work then modify your BIOS settings...:)

do i have to erase my usb with the option fat, fat32 or ntfs? does it make sense? when I boot my laptop from usb i can see the light of the usb twinkling but then it stops suddenly twinkling and i only see a twinkling line at the left top of the screen :(... nothing happens its like 'the laptop TRIES to read the files on the usb but it fails'..

if you wanna use your snow leopard one DO NOT FORMAT else boot on snow leopard and create a partiton named "Lion" or whateveryouwant... :)

Okey, many thanks,

BUT. how is it possible to use your hard disc?
Cause I think you have to format it to a Mac format?

Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

woutertje

woutertje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Okee,

I´m not very good with that,
So thats my USB that I partition,
But my hard disc..
Is it ready for using?
HP Pavilion g7-1220sd notebook pc
i5
4GB RAM
500 GB HARD DISC
WINDOWS 7 home premium
17,3"

Twitter: @wouterdabomb
MSN: woutertje@me.com

bashiraad

bashiraad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I am following your instructions on Windows 7 but PowerISO does not display my USB drive.

Does it have to be in a particualr format?

Thanks

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
No, if it's on NTFS no...

Hi,

I am following your instructions on Windows 7 but PowerISO does not display my USB drive.

Does it have to be in a particualr format?

Thanks

Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

bashiraad

bashiraad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
my USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and I have tried to reinstall powerISO but it still does not show my USB Drive.

I can open it in Explorer.

Is there an alternative tool i can use? I have both the dmg and iso file to burn

cascio97

cascio97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Try with Transmac ------> Download TransMac (free edition for 15 days then download a crack if you need 4ever) :)

2)Right Click on usb device ------> Format with disk image and select your disk image

QUOTE=bashiraad;102671]my USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and I have tried to reinstall powerISO but it still does not show my USB Drive.

Is there an alternative tool i can use? I have both the dmg and iso file to burn[/QUOTE]
Cheers Cascio97

Dell Inspiron 1750
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ATI Radeon HD 4330
MotherBoard GM45

Windows Users:
Roses are red,
my screen is
blue,

majdman

majdman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, So I have got PowerISO and when I try to put it on my USB using that bootable option it makes my flash drive in an uknown filesystem that my system doesn't recognize! and I have iATKOS when I try to open it using PowerISO it says its only like 800KB!? Why? I tried extracting it and putting it it finishs in like a second and it isn't bootable!? Even though the ISO is 3.5 GB after extraction its like 450 KB. I download Kalyway same thing happens, it has like two files in it none are big! , on virtual machine it works and boots, even if I mount the iso and use VMware to use my virtual drive it still works! So maybe the ISO needs like a special tool to extract, when I extract it is only 450 KB.

I have Gateway NV 51b02h ( AMD x64 )

------UPDATE------
Using Transmac, I can see the content of the ISO and the size is correct. But Im not sure if its bootable... there are no bootfiles. there are like a MAC OSX Installer.app and .DSstore and other mac application things. What do I do, please HELP!! I can extract the content if the ISO( well actually it

-----Update-------
Okay, I know I'm a noob and all, I understand what is happening. I'm just going to stop being cheap and grab myself some DVDs . Turns out windows can't read that ISO because HFS File system which explains why Transmac can read it! But now I have a bigger problem. I tried running OSX from virtual machine so I can partition my Flash drive and install from there, but after partitioning was done, I unplugged my USB and Windows wouldn't detect it! I then deleted the partition which BTW mac can still detect, and then unvirtualized the USB so my PC can use it, I would get the sound that something has been plugged but I can't see it in Computer Folder... (My USB Drive has the light turned on so it is functioning.

----Update------
NVM, working again. I used EASEUS Parition manager thingy and I fixed it up!

__________________________________________________________________________________
My Specs. Currently : (I KNOW IT SUCKS, but it's a laptop.)
Posted Image

Edited by majdman, 06 June 2012 - 12:05 AM.

1234567a

1234567a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

QUOTE=bashiraad;102671]my USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and I have tried to reinstall powerISO but it still does not show my USB Drive.

I did 1)

and at 2)The instructions aren't quite clear as to if you must right click in explorer or in PowerISO there is no "Format with disk image and select your disk image" and also the USB does not show up in PowerISO(and neither do any other drives) from what you see in the following images

Attached File  USB.JPG   18.96KB   39 downloads
I have formatted my USB multiple times using steps in this forum and others along with Transmac. the best possible way to do this is through an OSX system but unfortunately I don't have one available so I would really appreciate anyone's help or ideas to get things rolling.

Best Regards
Nelson :)

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootloader, cascio97, chameleon, mac, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users