Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Installation: Panic (0x2b3382): Local APIC Error, ESR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dark Horse

Dark Horse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help if you can:

Installation of OS X Lion on Laptop. For this build I am using an HP dv7t-5000 (XG300AV), which is a CTO (Custom to Order) that was specced. out by Costco (Specs below).

I have OS X 10.6.3 (retail) and 10.7 flash drive #1 (also retail). I have a boot loader image (burned to CD); OS 10.6.8 Combo Update and Multi-B for 10.6.x and 10.7.x (loaded on a separate flash drive #2).

1. Boot image Boots and works. Hit f5, recognizes the OS X 10.6.3 Retail DVD.

ERROR:
2. Upon selecting install -v, it begins OS X 10.6.3 installation, receive kernel panic: ""Panic (0x2b3382): Local APIC Error, ESR: 64\n" @/source/xnu/xnu_1504.15.2/osfmk/1386/lapic.c:704"

Dump Image attached

Any suggestions?

HP dv7t-5000 (XG300AV):
i7-2630QM @2.0 - 2.9 GHZ (4 cores; 8 logical cores)
2x intel 6 series/C200 Series Chipset Family
8GB RAM
2x750GB HDs
Radeon HD6570M (1GB VRAM)
Enhanced Keyboard (101 - 102 Key)
Synaptics Touchpad ( PS/2 Port)
intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Realtek 802.3 PCIe GBE Family controller

alevideo

alevideo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Dark Horse... i have an HP DV7t... and the same message error. I was trying with many MacOS (iAtkos L1 and L2, Mountain Lion)... but the only that works (once... only) was Niresh12495 (has a hplap kernel)... now I looking for the error to install again but can't do it.
Have you installed snow leopard on your HP laptop? thanks. ale.

Dark Horse

Dark Horse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Alevideo,

Apparently the DV series from HP is a unique situation (oh joy, right?). My product number is XG300AV (dv7t-5000 CTO). CTO means "Custom To Order." I got mine at Costco. CTO means Costco specified the build and HP built it to that spec., although the spec. is probably from a set of "ala carte" options offered to Costco by HP to begin with.

If you got yours from Costco, don't be afraid to use their customer support service. They are usually indifferent initially but they do like a good challenge if you pose it to them politely but directly. They definitely will NOT help you with the OSX build but they will likely be able to help you with peripheral issues (specs., manuals, general support, etc.). If you got it somewhere else, use their customer support. In any case also use HP's customer support.

You should give the link below a thorough read. I have not yet had time to apply it to my laptop but it looks promising. I cannot guarantee that it will solve all of your problems but it has a lot of information and it will, at the very least, solve many of them. It is a good place to start.

Good luck and let me know how your build works, okay? I am going to attempt to build mine once again in late May/early June and I will be looking for success stories from people who've made it happen. I hope to see yours, detailing the process you find successful. A lot of people are looking for help with this series of laptops so your information will be valuable to them. Unfortunately at the moment, I have run out of time and I need to wait until things slow down again before I'll have a chance to give it a go again.

So, give this link a try and Good Luck!

It is titled:

Installation Guides and Bootable Media Using
Mammoth Installation Image Devices (MIIDs)
for HP DVx Series Pavilion Laptops:
Currently DV8, DV7, DV6, DV5, (and others where similar and compatible)

[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\ - InsanelyMac Forum

dh

radiking

radiking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
what boot cd are you using?i have same processor but with different configuration :) see my signature i installed 10.7.3 using flash drive i don t think u should encounter any problem..i have not tried snow leopard but lion should works 100% with your configuration..and yes snow leopard has a bug u need to have 4 gb more than that it might give problems..intel wifi will not work as far as i know :) as for boot flags u can use -v GraphicsEnabler=no busratio=20

alevideo boot using these flags and i guess ati card that u have is not yet supported so installation might go well but u will not be able to boot..
Dell Inspiron N5110 i7-2630QM (2.0GHz), 4096MB, 500Gb, DVD+/-RW, nVidia GT 525M-1 GB, Realtek 8105 ethernet card,Dell 1702 WiFi 802.11b/g/n, BT, W7 Ultimate SP1 + Lion 10.7.3 except for nvidia gfx card everything works :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users