Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

HELP!!! iATKOS L2 on HP Mini 210

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums but not new to the Hackintosh community. Did it awhile back on a XPS M1530.

Now I'm trying to do this on my HP Mini 210. Let me first start by saying, I have created a bootable DMG USB with Transmac. I have also read the guides on creating a smaller USB to boot into a bootmanager, I've also done this. so I have two USB drives. One for bootloader and the other with the iATKOS image.

Everytime I would create a USB image using Transmac. I'd restart the PC, make sure it's boot to USB, and let it rip, however, it reads the USB and then skips on to windows.

This is why I created the smaller USB. So I'm in! I get to the Chameleon 2.0 boot screen and I see 4 partitions. One of which is the iATKOS L2 installer that's on the larger USB drive, I select it, and seconds later the laptop just restarts.

What's going on?!?! This is the second boot loader USB I have made and it does the same thing. What am I doing wrong here? Would love to try Mac on it. Thanks for any help! Been searching forums and Google literally all day.

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey there quickbird144. Have you tryed doing it again? Because on my netbook I just try it again and it works. I can't seem to install IATKOS on my Netbook. My DVD Drive starts reading on the Apple Logo and after 5 seconds it stops. If you know how to fix would be appreciated:)

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've tried it multiple times. I honestly think this version was made solely to be used with the restore function on a Mac. So I simply give up with that one. However, I'm in the process of getting a version already made for the USB and gonna try that. If that doesn't work, I've got iATKOS S3 already on a DVD and gonna start from there, I know for a fact that will work but that's only Leopard I think. 10.6.3 is the version. I'll just need to get a external DVD for that.

Will post my results!

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Before you install, You might want to take a look at WIFI Cards or VGA or Chipset. Also, check this video that helped me.
How to install Mac OS X on any netbook - YouTube

Good Luck!!!!

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks! That video brought back memories from when I did it on my XPS. Setting up the customization and such. Very cool, thanks a lot for that video. I'm extracting this USB 10.7 version now to my USB drive and will see what happens. If no luck then I'll be going to the store to get a external DVD drive lol.

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can you tell me how to burn those to the usb?

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
No problem. You need to grab Transmac. Get a USB larger than 8GB, I use a 16GB personally. In Transmac, right click on your thumbdrive and click format with disk image, and then navigate to your DMG image. Just make sure there are no important files on your thumb drive before hand. You also wanna run it as administrator to avoid any issues. You can download it as a 15-day trial. Just google it and their site should be the first.

Here is a good tutorial. You can skip the Cone DVD part if you already have the DMG file.
OS X 10.6.3 Retail DVD-->USB no MAC; A GUIDE

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks. I'm gonna try another shot at this lion thing. I'll get back to you tommorow if it works. It's about midnight in my place. Good Night.

Still didn't work. Some people say you need snow leopard first, then upgrade. Did yours work?

Edited by Mulach18, 25 August 2012 - 03:43 AM.

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
No luck!! Ugh. Grabbed a external and gonna upload 10.6.3 and just take it from there. This is insane!! Will post results. I will not sleep till Mac is on this laptop!!

lokster

lokster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
have you guys tried?

starting the Installation:

- Boot using the iATKOS L2 media (DVD or USB)

- If you have a NetBook with an Intel Atom CPU, then press F8 at boot screen, type "mach_atom" without quotes and hit enter.

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Tried that as well. I hit enter then get to the apple logo, screen appears saying I need to reboot.

Tried mach_atom busratio=20 -x -v and it seems to get stuck at "system uptime in nanoseconds"

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well managed to get it installed via USB. But every time it boots, gets to the apple logo and tells me to restart

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Lokster: I have tried it but got me nowhere.
quickbird144: I got one more question about the usb thing. After installing it, Can you format it again? Im thinking that the iATKOS L2 will work on the USB. Im gonna buy a usb today but i also want to use it for school. You might have kernel panic on your pc. Have you tried restarting it to 2-3 times because that worked for me:)

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Holy crap I can't win with this thing!!! I was up all night too.

Tried hazards 10.6.1-10.2. Got it to install, but evreytime it tries to boot it immediately restarts. No apple logo or anything.

I'm I really the only person trying to install OSX on a 210? Come on guys!!

Mulach18-Tried multiple times and I always get the same thing. Ran a few commands with -v and it always hangs at system uptime. It seems to hang here on every installation I do. I'm about to throw this thing at the wall. My BIOS also doesn't have the AHCI option.

lokster

lokster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Holy crap I can't win with this thing!!! I was up all night too.

Tried hazards 10.6.1-10.2. Got it to install, but evreytime it tries to boot it immediately restarts. No apple logo or anything.

I'm I really the only person trying to install OSX on a 210? Come on guys!!

Mulach18-Tried multiple times and I always get the same thing. Ran a few commands with -v and it always hangs at system uptime. It seems to hang here on every installation I do. I'm about to throw this thing at the wall. My BIOS also doesn't have the AHCI option.

normally laptops are set to AHCI by default. my HP-DV4 1430US works flawlessly on iAtkos L2, without messing with any bios settings.

hmm... i dont know what the problem could be...sorry

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Could it possibly be that I'm making all the files, bootable thumb drives with my Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit machine? Maybe need to create them on Win xp?

normally laptops are set to AHCI by default. my HP-DV4 1430US works flawlessly on iAtkos L2, without messing with any bios settings.

hmm... i dont know what the problem could be...sorry

What was your method? Did you go straight to L2 or did you start lower and upgrade?

lokster

lokster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
directly from L2 i created a boot DVD from Transmac using Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit
then i booted from DVD and at first it would just get stuck in the apple spinning forever logo
then i tried cpus=1 -v and after 3-5mins i guess, i was able to login to the install menu
used disk utility and installed and most of the things worked out of the box, wifi and built in keyboard and mouse worked, basic graphics, even the webcam! took me around 30-40minutes of install time. adding kext and making the darn thing stable was a whole other thing, took me hours and 2 more re-installs to get it to work 100%, ive got a video and screen shot

Mulach18

Mulach18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can you format the bootable usb after you install?

quickbird144

quickbird144

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well I said screw it and gave up on it. Sold it, and put OSX on my desktop with virtual machine. Ran without a hick on a AMD machine, imagine that.

lokster

lokster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Well I said screw it and gave up on it. Sold it, and put OSX on my desktop with virtual machine. Ran without a hick on a AMD machine, imagine that.

Snow leopard? id like to install Mac os on my sony AMD laptop. :))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users