Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Can only boot in safe mode, no obvious errors -logs attached

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mdma

mdma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

After days of trial and error, I finally have found workarounds for most issues, including binpatched AICPM and patched kernel for lapic errors.

My machine is an HP Spectre XT ultrabook, running an Ivy Bridge i5-3317U and Intel HD 4000.
So far my install is based on unibeast and 10.8.2 app from App store, and have tried Chameleon r2064 as well as Chimera 1.11.1 as bootloaders.

I am unable to boot unless I use safe mode (-x), but there are no apparent errors or KP messages.

When not in safe mode, I stay stuck at the verbose output screen, the GUI does not start and I get no login screen.

I don't think this purely a HD 4000 graphics issue, as even when injecting incorrect device properties for the HD 4000, consequences are only felt when in safe mode.

I've attached two sets of system.logs: a failed boot in normal mode (nogui) and a successful boot in safe mode (safemode).

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Max

[ATTACH]2608[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

fau7i

fau7i

OSx86.net Crew

• Super Moderators
  • 1,794 posts
I think it's all about your GPU. Safe Mode only requires essential (root & Safe boot) kexts to boot OS X. It will bypass any problematic kexts. That's is why even you inject inccorect ID, it still works because the HD4000 kext not even loaded actually.

Can you boot with
-v UseKernelCache=No or
-v -f UseKernelCache=No or
-v -f -F UseKernelCache=No
Z77 Extreme 6 i5-3570K | HD4000 / HD7870XT [ Clover UEFI > Win8 + ML10.8.5 + Mavericks 10.9.1 ]
Dell Vostro 3550 i5-2450M | HD3000 [ Chameleon r2269 > Win7 + Mavericks 10.9.1 ]

mostafanyw

mostafanyw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
try to boot with this
npci=0x3000

mdma

mdma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

So npci=0x3000 gives nothing, same result.

I believe -f and UseKernelCache=No are the same, that did not work, and adding -F neither since my only configured bootflag is darkwake=0.

This is quite frustrating as without a clear error it is hard to search for new leads.

If I remember correctly, when booted in safe mode, the HD4000 kext does not appear to be loaded. I think that without injecting any device properties and with GraphicsEnabler=no I am not loading the HD4000 kext, so my screen isn't going blank or anything due to incorrect ID but instead, something is preventing "X" or "main" or "loginwindow" (whatever it is) from starting. That or it is being sent to another display/port... ?

fau7i

fau7i

OSx86.net Crew

• Super Moderators
  • 1,794 posts
AFAIK, for onboard HD4000, it depends on 3 kexts (HD4000, Capri, and AGPM) to work properly with acceleration. You don't need GE at all since it should get native support.
Z77 Extreme 6 i5-3570K | HD4000 / HD7870XT [ Clover UEFI > Win8 + ML10.8.5 + Mavericks 10.9.1 ]
Dell Vostro 3550 i5-2450M | HD3000 [ Chameleon r2269 > Win7 + Mavericks 10.9.1 ]

mdma

mdma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sure, but unless I can boot without -x, I can't load these kexts. Is there any sense in trying to replace the stock kexts with modified ones?

christ1111

christ1111

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
ok I am resolved this problem whit this bootloader and this extra folder
dont modifie on the boot plist and instal chameleon

its woks try and give me the news:D:encouragement:
boot &extra.zip
Posted Image

MY CONFIG HACKINTOSH

philznow

philznow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you this sorted it for my Asus P8P67-M with Msi GT210

*Kinda Everytime it is shutdown or restarted it it looses it so have boot back into -x and then reapply all extensions and use kextutility and then it is fine again

*Now not working at all no idea whats changed

Edited by philznow, 04 January 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Http://www.GoliathDeveloper.com
Dell XPS L702X
i7 2720QM
16GB Ram
512GB SSD OCZ
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Desktop:
Asus P8P67-M
i5 2500K
32GB Ram
80GB SSD Intel
2 x 1 TB Sata HDD