I'm here to present you Slice's new EFI Bootloader!
It is open source based on different projects: Chameleon, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
Credits and copyrights remain in the sources. http://cloverefiboot.sourceforge.net/
- boot into 10.4 - 10.8 OSX, Windows EFI and Linux EFI
- boot into LegacyOS (WindowsXP, Linux, DOS) by their bootsectors
- this is EFI bootloader so it provides RuntimeServices for OS that impossible for Legacy Bootloaders
- mostly Clover do automatic detection of hardware and set all properties by default. But user can change them by config.plist
- With Clover you may restart into other OS from Startup Disk prefPane
- With Clover you boot your OS X's Recovery HD, impossible for others bootloaders
- config autodetect by OEM product name
- UUID written into config.plist will be the same as in OS
- autopatch OemDSDT for working OSX
- SMBIOS will be corrected to standard 2.6
- ACPI will be corrected to standard 4.0. Custom DSDT will be loaded from booted partition or from EFI folder
- MADT table may be corrected to resolve problem with NMI on some hardware
- ACPI tables loading (SSDT-xx, APIC, BOOT, SLIC, SLIT, SRAT, UEFI...)
- correctly set PowerProfile for laptops (notebooks), desktops, workstations
- customizable RestartFix
- sleep/wake fixes
- PCIRootUID value (0,1) for device-injection for those who can't edit DSDT
- Graphics Properties Injector for ATI, NVidia and Intel for wide range of supported cards. Also customizable.
- Custom EDID for non-DDC monitors
- USB fix (LegacyOff, Ownership, Builtin, clock-id) up to USB 3.0
- HDA injector, HDMI fix.
- Ethernet builtin injector
- CPU turbo
- P- and C-states generator
- PLimitDict and UnderVoltage for CPU Speedstep
- patch kernel on the fly for unsupported CPU like Atom and Ivy Bridge
- Patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for native Speedstep (Intel Processor) of ASUS ownwers
- patch kexts inside kernelcache for unsupported hardware
- extra kexts loading
- security mode for FireWire
- default boot after timeout
- customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, animations.
- there is a possibility to implement national languages and fonts. F1 - multilingual help
- saving boot.log in OS and preboot.log from GUI by typing F2
- save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
- test DSDT patching with F5
- save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
- saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
- CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion
If you have questions please provide outputs from DarwinDumper (Trauma tool). Thanks Trauma!
Continued by blackosx and STLVNUB. > DarwinDumper
Links to Active Clover Topics
About Legacy Boot
How to Use
DSDT and Calculator for Automatic DSDT Fix
Troubleshooting UEFI boot
Manually Add Clover Boot UEFI Option
Adding Custom EDID to Adjust Resolution in UEFI Boot
Creating a Bootable OS X Installer with Clover by fau7i
Installing OS X on a RAID set by magnifico10
Messages.app Fix by ElNono_
Kext Info.plist Patch
Manually Install Clover
Edited by kyndder, 27 March 2013 - 11:01 AM.