Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Question Regarding Dual Boot with Windows 7 on two drives

- - - - - dual boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

drchimpster

drchimpster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question regarding dual booting into Snow Leopard, i've Googled a ton but can't find any answers due to the search terms being so irritating.

Essentially I've just built a PC with an i7 and full specs that will be supported with Hackintosh, whilst keeping it as a viable gaming system.
Inside the PC are two 1TB Seagate Hard Drives.

I also have a 500gb internal that I will be formatting as an additional bridge between the two systems later on

Is it possible to install Windows onto on of these drives and then Snow Leopard Later? Or would they both need to be done at the same time?
I'm asking this as I don't have a copy of the OS yet and would really like to get this system up & running as soon as possible.

Intel Core i7 @ 4.20Ghz
Asus P8Z77-V LX2
16GB TeamGroup Elite DDR3 RAM
Akasa Venom 750W Modular Power Supply
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda Drives
1x 500gb Western Digital
MSI Geforce GTX650ti (1GB RAM)
Startech 7 USB Expansion port

fpacheco1960

fpacheco1960

OSx86.net Crew

• Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
1. Disconnect one of the 1TB drives and install Windows 7 on the remaining drive.

2. Disconnect the Windows 7 drive and connect the other 1TB drive and install OSX on it.

3. Install the Chameleon or Chimera Bootloader on the OSX Drive

4. Shutdown the computer and connect both drives, set the BIOS boot priority to the OSX Drive.

At the Bootloader boot screen hit the spacebar and you will have the option to select OSX or Windows 7 to boot from.

(Or you can hit the boot options button at boot, (usually F-12) and choose which drive to boot from.)

For the 500GB Bridge drive, make sure you format it as FAT32 so that both Windows and OSX have read/write access to it.

Also make sure that any peripheral devices, i.e. graphics cards are compatible with both OSX and Windows 7.

Based on your Hardware Specs, you should be able to install Mountain Lion 10.8.x

Edited by fpacheco1960, 24 February 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Ga-77-DS3H                                                                      Microsoft Surface PRO
OS: OSX Mavericks (Retail) 10.9.2                                     OS: OSX Mavericks (Retail) 10.9.1
CPU: Intel I5 2500K                                                         CPU: Intel i5-3317U 1.7 Ghz.
RAM: 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3                                   RAM: 4GB. 1600 Mhz DDR3
MB: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (rev.1.1)                                      MB: Unknown OEM
Mon: 50 in. TCL  LED HDTV (1920x1080)                           MON: 10.6 in. TouchScreen w/Pen (1920x1080) 
GFX: PNY NVIDA GFORCE GTX 650 1GB full QE/CI              GFX: Intel HD4000 full QC/CI
HD: (1) Samsung 840 SSD (System Drive), (2)                    HD: Samsung 830 mSata SataIII

120 GB Intel 320 SSD, (1) 500 GB Seagate Hybrid
DVD: ASUS 48 x DVDRom
Aud: Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dual boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users