Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Install Retal Snow Leopard on AMD Phenom II and MSI 790FX-GD70 (790FX-SB750 Chipset)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello to all! I m very glad to be here!

I am trying to install Snow Leopard on an AMD Phenom II machine with 790FX-SB750 chipset motherboard (MSI 790FX-GD70). I used this tutorial:

Install Snow Leopard on AMD PC, Laptop

I followed every step of this tutorial exactly exept the DSDT patch which failed. When i tryed to boot, i got the apple logo screen and the message that i must restart my system with the power button. After that, I put some kexts i found (i deleted the IOATAFamily.kext) and now i am getting a Kernel Panic: Unable to find driver for platform: "ACPI". I also tryed to boot with the following kernel flags but with kernel panics: -x32 -f -x -v and cpus=1 -f -x -v. What i must do, please help! I am a huge fan of Apple and i want to run Snow Leopard on my system. Thank you very much in advance!

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition
MSI 790FX-GD70
8GB Super Talent DDR3 1600MHz
2TB Western Digital Caviar Green SATA II
ATI Radeon HD 4350
ASUS Xonar D2X
LG DVD-RW SATA II

Edited by erineos, 30 March 2010 - 05:47 PM.

imick

imick

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
Why you dont try the EmpireEFI? Burn a EmpireEFI dvd and buy a real mac dvd. (Snow Leopard retail). Or download en burn it.

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
With Empire EFI 1085 R2, i get the message No DSDT found and press a button. When i press it i am getting a kernel panic.

imick

imick

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
You use the Phenom Version?

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes.

Edited by erineos, 30 March 2010 - 08:58 PM.

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Maybe it's missing some kexts related with the ACPI or a configuration to BIOS?

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It worked!!! Thank you very much imick!!!

I used the Empire EFI 1.085 for AMD and the following kernel flags: -force64 busratio=20.

I have a little problem. I istalled this graphic driver for my ATI Radeon HD 4650: http://www.insanelym....owtopic=202013 The max resolution i am getting is 1400x1050 with the flag "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32". I want to make it 1920x1080. How it can be done? Thank you very much once again!!

imick

imick

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes. When that dont works. try this: netkas.org Drivers for Radeons 46×0/45×0/43×0

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The first way failed. For the second way, how can i add the device id into the kexts? Could you please explain it? I tried to add it, but i got kernel panic. Thank you very much once again!

Edited by erineos, 16 April 2010 - 11:42 PM.

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I inserted the device and vendor id, i installed the kexts, but it recognise my card as an HD 4890 with 256MB (mine is an HD 4650 with 1024MB VGA/DMI/HDMI) and i can't change the resolution. What i am doing wrong? Thanks once again!!

Edited by erineos, 18 April 2010 - 10:40 PM.

trexc832

trexc832

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have the same set up i got a
MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo
AMD phenom II 965 black edition quadcore 3.4
and 4 gb ocz ram
what did u change in ur bios to get it to work....and did u try and get other programs like hazard to work first? i dont have access to a workin mac pc wit leopard on it to do this...

trexc832

trexc832

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello to all! I m very glad to be here!

I am trying to install Snow Leopard on an AMD Phenom II machine with 790FX-SB750 chipset motherboard (MSI 790FX-GD70). I used this tutorial:

Install Snow Leopard on AMD PC, Laptop

I followed every step of this tutorial exactly exept the DSDT patch which failed. When i tryed to boot, i got the apple logo screen and the message that i must restart my system with the power button. After that, I put some kexts i found (i deleted the IOATAFamily.kext) and now i am getting a Kernel Panic: Unable to find driver for platform: "ACPI". I also tryed to boot with the following kernel flags but with kernel panics: -x32 -f -x -v and cpus=1 -f -x -v. What i must do, please help! I am a huge fan of Apple and i want to run Snow Leopard on my system. Thank you very much in advance!

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition
MSI 790FX-GD70
8GB Super Talent DDR3 1600MHz
2TB Western Digital Caviar Green SATA II
ATI Radeon HD 4350
ASUS Xonar D2X
LG DVD-RW SATA II

what where ur bios setting set to

i got a
MSI 790fx-GD70 Mobo
AMD phenom II x4 965 black edition 140W
ocz 2x2GB Blackedition Ram
nvidia geforce 8500 GT 512mb
1 Sata HD (windows 7 installed)
1 Sata HD (open for use with MAC)
1 8gb memory stick pro duo (I can boot from this also / like the jumpdrive)

i keep runnin into the same problem using hazard where i get a looping thing

Does my one of my drives have to be formatted in HFS+ / HFS+ journaled????

oh and im installing from a dvd

erineos

erineos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I used the Empire EFI 1.085 for AMD and the following kernel flags: -force64 busratio=20. My BIOS settings are default. I burned the Empire EFI 1.085 for AMD in a cd, i boot up my system with this cd in, when the screen of the Empire EFI apeared i removed the Empire EFI cd, then i put the retail Snow Leopard DVD on the tray, i pressed f5 and when the logo of the retail Snow Leopard DVD apeared in the Empire EFI menu, i select it, i typed -force64 busratio=20 and i pressed Enter. Then the Snow Leopard will start to load.

erensunay

erensunay

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i guys, ,i have an amd phenom 965 be, which kernel you are using? i'm using legacy kernel 10.6.6 but i want to use as a 64bit...:(

candykane

candykane

Expert Member

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
legacy kernel = 64 bit and works for the moost part
if you have trouble with it ask for help here there the experts on this
link
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 I7 920 nvidia 470
Asus P8 geheim
Macbook Pro 2,1

erensunay

erensunay

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

legacy kernel = 64 bit and works for the moost part
if you have trouble with it ask for help here there the experts on this
link

i installed legacy kernel 10.6.6 but finished with error i couldn't install as a 64 bit:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users