Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

problem with installation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HansMeiser85

HansMeiser85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I am trying to get some help here because for 1 week now my accout at the forum is still not activated.

I have an Original 10.5.6 Leopard, a Gigabyte MB UD-5, and done all BIOS-Hints in preparation.

I am trying to install the OSX

When I can choose the DVD-Icon i have to wait 1 Minute, then EFI-X Bootmanager seems to finds MAC OSX
and the EFI-X- icon of MAC appears 1 second, but then the wohle system reboots!

Do you can help me ?

Skipper

Skipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Unfortunately we are not able to help you. This board is mainly for the ex-EFI-X users. For Asem EFI-X dongle, there is an official EFI-X user board, where you can hope to get some help.
If you want us to help you with other means of installing OSX (like Chameleon on an USB stick) please update your signature with details of your equipment (you might take mine or any of the others as an example) so that we all know what you are looking for.

If your nickname is a real hint for what your first language is, now this:
Leider können wir nicht helfen. Wir hier sind Alle ex-EFI-X Benutzer. Die Hilfe bei der EFI-X Installation kannst Du in den offiziellen Asem EFI-X Foren erhoffen. Vielleicht nicht bekommen, aber...
Nicht desto trotz, falls Du eine alternative Möglichkeit suchst, dein OSX zu installieren (Chameleon USB Stick) dann bist Du hier richtig. Schreibe bitte Deine Systemdetails in Deine Signatur (z.B. so wie ich) und wir werden versuchen Dir zu helfen.
HackTheMac2: MoBo: GA-Z86XP-UD4 (F6) RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.41GHz GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB SSD: OCZ-VERTEX3 128GB HD: 2x Samsung HD103UJ + 1x HD154UI CDDVDW: Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-7261S OS X: 10.8.4 12E55 BL: Chameleon 2 r1828

Laptop: Dell Latitude D430 BIOS: Modified A09 DSDT embedded CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.33GHz RAM: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz GPU: Intel 945GMS HD: Renice K3VLAR 120GB SSD OS X: 10.7.4 11G22 BL: Chameleon 2 r1752 EDP: 3.0

HansMeiser85

HansMeiser85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, thank you very much !
Disappointment is big here ;)
Btw: My account in that official forum is not activated for over a week now.

MY SYSTEM: OSX Leopard 10.5.6, GA-EX58-UD5, 3x 2GB CORSAIR DDR-3 1600, Powercolor HD4670

will also add it in my signature
MY SYSTEM: OSX Leopard 10.5.6, GA-EX58-UD5, 3x 2GB CORSAIR DDR-3 1600, Powercolor HD4670, i7 920 :(

richiem

richiem

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Timde to move away from ASEM/EFi-X permanently, and go with something that works -- which is what all here have done. See the Motherboard&CPU topic, and follow the EX58 thread, and you will learn a great deal.
MB: Giga-Byte EP45-UD3R, rev 1.1 (F12)
CPU: Intel E6750 2.67GHz C2D
Boot: Asere v1.1.9, USB
RAM: 4GB G.Skill 1066MHz DDR2
HDs: SATA-2; using IcyDock sled
Gfx: ASUS GeForce GT 220/1GB
Cinebench R10 OpenGL=5822
DVD1: LG 18X SATA
DVD2: Toshiba/Samsung 18X SATA
LAN: en(0) - On-board Realtek 8168C
en(1) - TP_Link TG-3269 gigabit PCI card, woob
Wi-Fi: NewerTech USB 2.0 g/b adapter, driver
for SL from Realtek
Firewire: On-board FW400
Case: Broadway 939 w/ 550W PS

afd_sg

afd_sg

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I second that - it is very very gratifying to learn just a little bit and have a go - stick to one method to begin with and there is a lot here about the X58.

What you describe with Efi-x is totally typical of the way they treat their paying customers. I would cut your losses as the chameleon route means that you are in control , do it step by step and you will have a great deal of satisfaction. Most people find it is not nearly as difficult as they thought.

Initially we all thought that Efi-x was the easy way, but their USB dongles are not reliable and it is really almost impossible to have everything working as you would like as once you learn just a little bit you will realize how board/graphics differ from set up to set up. Efi-x is not and never has been a reliable alternative....

It is proven that Efi-x relies on what they can pick up from the community without giving any recognition to their source. You are really wasting your time even bothering and if you buy an Efi-x and cannot get support it just shows how you are really wasting your valuable time.
MB:Asus Z77 Sabertooth
CPU:Intel i7-3770K
HD4000 Graphics
RAM:16 GB DDR3 Corsair 1600

elmangomez

elmangomez

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Hallelujah Chameleon, Hallelujah!!

My entire Efix disappointment is comparable to when I was a little boy and as a boy scout we would go camping, then late at night Mr. Wilhem, our scoutmaster would sneak into my tent and with his.... You get the picture....

btw I was never a boy scout and I do not intend any offense to the organization.
Mobo: Gygabyte EP45-UD3p
Video: nVidia 9800 GTX+
DVD: LG something
RAM: 6 GB mixed brands
HDD: About 8 of them all SATA
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz

Njambris

Njambris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hallelujah Chameleon, Hallelujah!!

I agree with you. Chameleon FTW :cool:
My PC: Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, Intel q6600, XFX Nvidia 9800GTX +, 6 GB 800 mhz DDR 2 Kingmax, 3 X SATA HDD (640 GB, 320 GB, 80 GB), 1 X ATA HDD ( 200 GB)

Better safe , then sorry... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users