Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

[SOLVED] Acer Aspire One D255 No Wireless

- - - - - acer aspire d255 atheros ar8152 iatkos s3 v2 wifi wireless

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ironmon

Ironmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This has been a problem bugging me since i decided to install MacOSx onto my netbook. After long last, many reinstalls and multiple trial and error techniques, i finally got wireless lan to work on this netbook.

First things first - the netbook that i am using is the Acer Aspire One D255 with an Atheros AR8152 controller.

I also have to mention that i completely formatted my drive into a MacOs extended Journal format. Yes, i got rid of the shitty Windows 7 starter that came with the netbook, so now there is just MacOS running on it (maybe windows xp much later). Anyway, i formatted the HDD into a single partition using the GUID partition table (not MBR, for some reason it did not install using this).

I customized the installation as expected (if you need info on this, let me know) and booted the netbook into 10.6.3. As expected at this point i have no wireless, even after selecting the right Wireless option in customization.

This is what i did to fix it:
1) Download the IO80211Family.kext file here -http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17685
2) Go to system/library/extensions and delete the same file 'IO80211Family.kext' (it will as for a password)
3) Unzip the downloaded file and place the kext file on the desktop
4) Download kextbeast from tonymacx86 Forum • Login

[ALSO MUCH THANKS to TONYMACx86!! for all the hard work]

5) Use kextbeast to install the kext on the desktop into the extensions folder.
6) When its done cross your fingers and reboot....when it starts up again, you should have wireless.

Simple as that :):o:cool:

tudor73

tudor73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi ironmon
just a question, how did you start the installation? i tryed all distro from leopard to hazard 10.6.6, but nothing! not started....always reboot!
can you have an advice, please?
thank's so much!

Edited by tudor73, 03 May 2011 - 11:50 AM.

raymundo

raymundo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi prend
i have a question what u wifi card is 12bnhmw or intel wifi link 1000 ....if yes i wont download your driver

Ironmon

Ironmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

hi ironmon
just a question, how did you start the installation? i tryed all distro from leopard to hazard 10.6.6, but nothing! not started....always reboot!
can you have an advice, please?
thank's so much!

Can you give me more info as to what you are doing, specs of computer and all.
For what i did, i installed on a clean hard drive, tweaked some settings in the bios (which will be different depending on your mobo), inserted the bootloader cd, then the snow leopard retail version and followed instructions.

Walk me through and tell me what is the problem?

Rainmaker

Rainmaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same question as tudor. I've been trying to get a go install on the Aspire One D255 (N550) for about four weeks now. I've tried different distros include plain Vanillia and I also run into problems including only being able to boot from a bootloader. Can anyone provide some help. Also, a notice on Mac, so I will need the detailed help.:o

abhinav60

abhinav60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
got the same problem with windows xp pleaseeeeeeeee pleaseeeee tell me what to do now

dccfoux

dccfoux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hi ironmon
just a question, how did you start the installation? I tryed all distro from leopard to hazard 10.6.6, but nothing! Not started....always reboot!
Can you have an advice, please?
Thank's so much!

dont use cracked stuff, it makes what your doin 1000% illegal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acer aspire d255, atheros ar8152, iatkos s3 v2, wifi, wireless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users