Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

can't access the OS without iboot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kaki

kaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
after a week of hard work i finally manged to install snow leopard on my PC. stupidly, i tried to use Multibeast and it kind of messed up my computer- every time i turn it on or restart it, i can't access my mac if i don't use iboot! is there any way i can uninstall what multibeast did? sorry for the stupid question :)

thanks!

willzz32

willzz32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Sounds like your boot file is missing.You could have a look inside the iboot cd to see what kexts and boot file it uses and copy them back to your mac hd via kext helper and kext utility.Make sure you have a boot file in the root of your drive.Use (show all files) to see hidden files. Iboot uses cdboot so you may need to get a boot loader from kexts.com, Backup any kexts in your extra folder if you have one to use if you need them.I always make a backup of the drive using carbon copy so i can restore if i get in to problems.

kaki

kaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well i tried to reinstall the OS without using multibeast after the installation. when i tried to restart my computer a lot of commads ran and it said "boot failure" or something like that.

willzz32

willzz32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
try booting -v to see the exact error.You may have a chance of tracking down the problem then.

kaki

kaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i can't type anything. it says:

Inten UNDI, PXE-2/1 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Coporation

This Product is covered by one or moe of the following patents:
US5, 307, 459, US5, 434, 872, US5, 732,094, US6, 570, 884, US6, 115, 776 and
US6, 327, 625

For Realtek RTL8111B/8111c/8111d Giga Ethernet controller v2/20 (080826)
PXE-E61: Media test faliure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Boot Failure
Press any key to continue_

and then when i press a key it's just uploads the same thing over and over again.

willzz32

willzz32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
You need to check your hard drives in your bios. This is nothing to do with osx. The computer is trying to boot from your lan cable for a network boot as it can not see any other device to boot from.
You may have to check that you have your hd as first boot or that they are getting power.
You should be able to see your hard disks in the bios. If not then you may have a bad hd or a cable has come loose.

kaki

kaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
that's odd because my hd is set as first boot..

Toltuga

Toltuga

Donator

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
whats your computer specs?
MOBO:......GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU:.........Intel 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
GPU:.........EVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 9600 GT 1GB (Dual Monitor: Acer X223W DVI / Dell M991 VGA)
RAM:.........8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2
ODD:.........Samsung SH-S223C SATA
HDD 1:......Seagate Barracuda 40 GB ATA (WIN)
HDD 2:......Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA (OSX)
BOOT:.......Chameleon v2.1svn r1402

bobdude5

bobdude5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

whats your computer specs?

Hi I'm having the same exact problem with the exiting pxe rom. I have a Samsung qx411 with a I5 sandybridge CPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users