Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Remove Chameleon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

studiorkb

studiorkb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I just installed the latest version of Chameleon, "2.1 svn 1463" on a fresh install 10.6.3 updated to 10.6.8, and I need to know how to remove it.
It didn't place a preference pain in system preferences so I can't change anything about it boots up.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Hp DV6 3210-us
HP 143f mobo
AMD Phenom ll N660 dual core processor
AMD 785GX Chipset
AMD Southbridge SB800
4 GB of DDR3 memory
AMD 880G with ATI Mobility Radepn HD 4250 "Graphics".
500 GB HDD 5400 RPM

AppliArt

AppliArt

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
You can change bootparameters manually, that's the power of Chameleon! But I recommend using Champlist for editing the options of it, as it is quite user-friendly.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

studiorkb

studiorkb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thank you.

Champlist is awesome!!!
Thankyou.
If I can ever get my audio working, I'll have a great machine.

Edited by studiorkb, 29 August 2011 - 08:36 PM.

AppliArt

AppliArt

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Try VoodooHDA 0.2.1, you can find it here on Kexts.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

herbie524

herbie524

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I just installed the latest version of Chameleon, "2.1 svn 1463" on a fresh install 10.6.3 updated to 10.6.8, and I need to know how to remove it.
It didn't place a preference pain in system preferences so I can't change anything about it boots up.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Is there anybody who knows how to remove Chameleon completely? No mods, just remove!

herbie524

herbie524

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Chameleon and ChamPlist both work fine for me since introduction or since I learned about. I do use Chameleon boot loader on different hard drives with success. However I do own one hard drive on which I can't update Chameleon for some unknown reasons. It sticks on =regae= v2.0-RC5 r1162 whatever I do. Also I can't activate a graphical interface although it is confirmed in the org...plist file. Every time I boot the process ends up in showing the list of hard drives and I have to proceed manually in pressing enter. Anybody who experienced similar behavior or does know a solution to get rid of this?

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

Chameleon and ChamPlist both work fine for me since introduction or since I learned about. I do use Chameleon boot loader on different hard drives with success. However I do own one hard drive on which I can't update Chameleon for some unknown reasons. It sticks on =regae= v2.0-RC5 r1162 whatever I do. Also I can't activate a graphical interface although it is confirmed in the org...plist file. Every time I boot the process ends up in showing the list of hard drives and I have to proceed manually in pressing enter. Anybody who experienced similar behavior or does know a solution to get rid of this?

You need to reinstall chameleon on the disk to fix this issue...

Try using this app > Chameleon Wizard - Downloads - Kexts.com

If don`t works, try replacing only the "boot" file that is hidden at the root of your disk, to do that, download the package that you want and take a look here to know how to get only the "boot" file from the package > http://www.kexts.com...s-pacifist.html

To remove Chameleon, you need to made the repartition of your drive...

579868.png

Asus P8Z77-V LK Firmware 1001 / Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge / Geekbench

herbie524

herbie524

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

You need to reinstall chameleon on the disk to fix this issue...

Try using this app > Chameleon Wizard - Downloads - Kexts.com

If don`t works, try replacing only the "boot" file that is hidden at the root of your disk, to do that, download the package that you want and take a look here to know how to get only the "boot" file from the package > http://www.kexts.com...s-pacifist.html

To remove Chameleon, you need to made the repartition of your drive...

Of course I tried to reinstall Chameleon - but everything sticks as it was. The boot file was also replaced w/o success.
Anybody with an idea how to solve it without deleting my partitions?

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

Of course I tried to reinstall Chameleon - but everything sticks as it was. The boot file was also replaced w/o success.
Anybody with an idea how to solve it without deleting my partitions?

If you told that you already replaced the "boot" file and stay at the same version, this means that you have probably your
Chameleon on the EFI partition (if you have a GPT disk) or something really wrong with your partition scheme....

Run "diskutil list" on a terminal window and place the output here...

Edited by kyndder, 04 September 2011 - 08:25 PM.

579868.png

Rene

Rene

OSx86.net Crew

• Administrators
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationMaassluis The_Netherlands
diskutil list

:o
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
 GA Z87M-D3H i7 4770K, Club3D HD7770 10.8.4/10.8.5/10.9.3DP, no DSDT (limited speedstep [ 8 35 (36) 37 38 39 ])
 GA-Z77X-UD5H i7-3770K; 8GB; Gigabyte GTX660 2GB; 10.8.3/10.9
 GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i7-2600K; 8GB; XFX 6870 (HD-687A-ZDDC Dual Fan); 10.9.2
 GA-P35C-DS3R C2Quad Q9450; 8GB; ASUS 8800GT

Geekbenches

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

diskutil list

Thanks René....

579868.png

herbie524

herbie524

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks René....

/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk2
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS sl 2.0 TB disk2s2

I tried also changing the amount of disks and removed all others – without success. Mounting the EFI partition showed no files in it - even if I show the hidden ones. I guess there must be an entry in the mbr?

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,587 posts

/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk2
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS sl 2.0 TB disk2s2

I tried also changing the amount of disks and removed all others – without success. Mounting the EFI partition showed no files in it - even if I show the hidden ones. I guess there must be an entry in the mbr?

Try formatting you EFI partition with the command below...

sudo diskutil eraseVolume "HFS+" "EFI" /dev/disk2s1

CAREFULL: Check if the EFI partition is really disk2s1

579868.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users