Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Kext for Snow Leopard (10.6.7) Marvell 88E8038?

- - - - - marvell 88e8038 network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

MacAndrew

MacAndrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an older Gateway MT6828 that I've successfully installed SL 10.6.7 on, but I'm having trouble getting the network card to work. I'm pretty sure that it's an Intel 945GM chipset with a Marvell 88E8038 network card/chip in it. I'm looking for a kext that will work on it and get it going.

Also, would said kext enable only ethernet or wifi too? Or is wifi a separate issue?

Any help is much appreciated.

kyndder

kyndder

OSx86.net Crew

• Supervisors
  • 9,585 posts

I have an older Gateway MT6828 that I've successfully installed SL 10.6.7 on, but I'm having trouble getting the network card to work. I'm pretty sure that it's an Intel 945GM chipset with a Marvell 88E8038 network card/chip in it. I'm looking for a kext that will work on it and get it going.

Also, would said kext enable only ethernet or wifi too? Or is wifi a separate issue?

Any help is much appreciated.

Run this app to know your devices > System Info - Downloads - Kexts.com

Search for the kexts using the device description on the downloads section and use Kext Wizard to install them...

You need a kext for each device on your machine... You can see what you already have loaded on the kexts section of the app...

579868.png

Asus P8Z77-V LK Firmware 1001 / Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge / Geekbench

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marvell 88e8038, network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users