Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

iAtkos L2 and dmg file format

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

sagerian

sagerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am trying to install on a PC, it is my first time and right from the start I get an error:
"Error parsing plist file". This is on a black screen, then this is the first text when the screen turns fabric like gray, and a couple of kext loading screens later, it fairs and it reboots.

My PC:

Intel Core i7-2600
ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1
Corsair, 16 GB
GIGABYTE GeForce 9800 GT

and I am trying to install on a USB hard drive, from a burned rewritable DVD image of iATKOS L2 (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2).

Edited by sagerian, 09 December 2011 - 11:22 AM.

slajk

slajk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Try removing some RAM before installation.

sagerian

sagerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I finally succeeded. I burned from Windows with ImgBurn and PowerISO and the dmg was not written as it should, that's why the errors, and the impossibility to install. I also tried to convert the dmg to iso and then burn, but I think the conversion wasn't done properly.
I finally installed iAtkos in Windows, in a VirtualBox machine and I burned the disk and installed in about 19 minutes and now it's working, but with some problems, like the keyboard (Lion thinks I have an Apple keyboard, but I have a normal 105-key Windows one, and some keys don't work, also Windows key is in fact Alt and real Alt is Command for Lion) and the resume from sleep doesn't work. Also, I installed with all my 16 gigabytes of RAM in, so memory quantity doesn't seem to be a problem.

It is such a shame that iAtkos is distributed in dmg format. Many people are trying it coming from Linux and Windows, not everyone already has a working installation or a real Mac, to burn the image. And here we are confronting with insurmountable problems, even before we install. If Mac OS X does not require some special features, found only in dmg, I think this should be released in iso file format, which is a plain image of the useful data. Apple's dmg can also be a plain image, but it also can be compressed and/or encrypted. I don't think Windows burning/conversion utilities handle that well.

Rene

Rene

OSx86.net Crew

• Administrators
  • 2,522 posts
  • LocationMaassluis The_Netherlands
Try TransMac Details
(15 days for free)
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
 GA Z87M-D3H i7 4770K, Club3D HD7770 10.9.3DP, no DSDT (limited speedstep [ 8 17 35 (36) 37 38 39 ]) SMBios (MacBookPro11,2)
 GA-Z77X-UD5H i7-3770K; 8GB; Gigabyte GTX660 2GB; 10.8.3/10.9
 GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i7-2600K; 8GB; XFX 6870 (HD-687A-ZDDC Dual Fan); 10.9.2
 GA-P35C-DS3R C2Quad Q9450; 8GB; ASUS 8800GT

Geekbenches

davide167

davide167

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I had same problem, solved with TRANSMAC.

It converts DMG to ISO properly and also burn it.
Intel i7 2600k 3,40GHz, ASUS P8P67 rev 3.0, ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1 Gb, 16 Gb Kingstone HiperX 1600, LG BD-RE BH10LS30, Samsung Syncmaster XL2370

pasqua'

pasqua'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
with transmac it's possible burn the dmg extension under windows.
In my opinion, it's the best software for windows to do it.

take it and all problems go away.
HW : cpu=amd phenom x4 945 @3.62 ghz, mb=Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H, ram=4 gb ddr2 800 mhz, vga=ati radeon hd 4650

sagerian

sagerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, installed fine now from iAtkos L2 but sleep function does not work properly.
I press Apple -> Sleep and the computer goes normally to sleep. It does not resume, though. I just see a black screen.

I am using a USB hard drive. Is it possible that the USB ports are not woken up properly? Because a lot of people say the sleep works with this board. The USB HDD may be the only difference.

Is there a patched driver I should install?

noname

noname

OSx86.net Crew

• Super Moderators
  • 2,159 posts
Have you tried this kext:

Currently browsing sleepenabler posts — nawcom's bitchblog

Compaq CQ58        | i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Clover - > Mavericks - 10.9.2

Acer Aspire E1-571 | i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 |  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | Clover -> Mavericks 10.9.2

USE SEARCH before starting a new thread

sagerian

sagerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have installed the above kext and I experience the same issue: going fine to sleep, not coming out of sleep properly. This basically means that the PC starts but the monitor is in sleep state.

Sean Crawley

Sean Crawley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone do successful 3750 vostro i3 processor hack with any osx cheers many thanx in advance guys.

trd

trd

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I had same problem, solved with TRANSMAC.

It converts DMG to ISO properly and also burn it.

When trying to burn a iAtkos .dmg file, I get an error. Something like "it's not supported". Too bad I cannot detail somehow the error to see why I get it.

Edited by trd, 05 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users