Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

iATKOS L2 on Dell XPS420. How to boot directle from HD???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

thebigyin

thebigyin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys 'n' Gals

Firstly thanks for the great forum. I am a complete Mac noob.

Thanks to iATKOS fantastic disc I have managed to install L2 onto my Dell and all seems to be working as it should, wireless, sound and graphics are all great, I have even updated various things directly from Apple and all is well.

I have 2 hardrives installed on my machine, one has Windows 7 the other iATKOS L2. My challenge is if I want to run either operating system I have to go into bios and switch the other HD off. Also if I want to boot into iATKOS I have to let it boot from DVD first then select the mac HDD.

My question is, how do I set up my system so I get a choice of which operating system to boot, ie Win7 or Mac?

Please remember I am a noob so treat me as a complete idiot, think 7 year old here, although I'm 45, lol.

Thanks in advance

uVSthem

uVSthem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
How were you able to install iAtkos L2? Everytime I try to boot all the install DVD I get "Still waiting for root device " error. As for your question, boot into Mac and run Chameleon Wizard, you can find it at the link below.

Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon. - InsanelyMac Forum

Then let it download and install the latest version of Chameleon and use it to download and install a boot them if you like. After that reboot the computer and make sure whichever hard drive has OSX installed on it is set as the default hard drive to boot in your computer's bios.

suse10.3

suse10.3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I got iatkosl2 to work by creating a copy dmg image of it using disk utility and changing its properties to read and write , once done you can delete and add kexts to the new image and burn a new copy or create usb, i removed the ioatafamily.kext and replaced it with old kext from snow leopard http://www.insanelym...attach_id=98198 , works great

MattyBoii1

MattyBoii1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I got iatkosl2 to work by creating a copy dmg image of it using disk utility and changing its properties to read and write , once done you can delete and add kexts to the new image and burn a new copy or create usb, i removed the ioatafamily.kext and replaced it with old kext from snow leopard InsanelyMac Forum , works great

I have a Dell XPS 420 also and just follow what you said and I still get stuck at the cross on the apple screen at first boot. It must be what i'm selecting in customise or my BIOS settings. What did you guys select in customise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users