Always up to date!

Do you want to be kept up to date with new versions of files and / or news? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! Make sure you are updated with new file versions!

Photo

Snow Leopard on Hp Pavilion dv6

- - - - - amd turion pavilion dv6 snow leopard 10.6.7

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

xwe

xwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I need an advice. Installing Snow leopard I have used NawcomCd. Then I have chosen "Install Mac os" (before I have recorded Mac os on External Hard Drive runing Mac os on virtual machine). Installation Process was discontinued when on the screen was appeared "Pci configuration begin". What should I Do so that to solve this problem?

Configuration:
Amd turion M520 x2
Ati radeon 4650 hd
Atheros Ar 9285
4gb ram
250 hdd

noname

noname

OSx86.net Crew

• Super Moderators
  • 2,157 posts
Try with this boot flag:

npci=0x2000

Compaq CQ58        | i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Clover - > Mavericks - 10.9.2

Acer Aspire E1-571 | i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 |  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | Clover -> Mavericks 10.9.2

USE SEARCH before starting a new thread

Paludan2

Paludan2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I got that as well, to fix this boot up with these flags: busratio=20 npci=0x2000

xwe

xwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for Help. I have found a good method to install it. I have downloaded torrent from Mac OS X Snow Leopard - 10.6.8 ( (in russian). It works great. But there are some problems that I want to solve.
1) how can I install sound kext, because The sound cracks. There are many kexts, but which of them is the best for my system?
2) how can I install video for ati radeon HD 4650. I have found here required kexts but I do not know how install them.
Can you help me to solve this problems?

Paludan2

Paludan2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

1) how can I install sound kext, because The sound cracks. There are many kexts, but which of them is the best for my system?

Well the sound kext that works the best for most systems is the VoodooHDA.kext, if the sound cracks(like it did with me) then try using another sound port, etc, back input or front, or if u have a usb converter for inputs try using that:)

2) how can I install video for ati radeon HD 4650. I have found here required kexts but I do not know how install them.

Well didn't you use the correct kext before? there is this awesome utillity called Kext Wizard, try using that, but i found out that booting with -x makes ur mac slow and native screen resolution

Gl, if anymore questions do ask :x

xwe

xwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Paludan2,
Thanks for your advices. But i have tried to install many different versions of VooodoooHDA.kext and none of them did not work. My audio was produced by Altec lansing. May be this helps.
In osx86.net i have found a solution to my video (link: http://www.osx86.net...hrike_9480.html) but i dont understand point 2, 3, and 4. Can you describe me this process in detail.

Paludan2

Paludan2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Paludan2,
Thanks for your advices. But i have tried to install many different versions of VooodoooHDA.kext and none of them did not work. My audio was produced by Altec lansing. May be this helps.
In osx86.net i have found a solution to my video (link: http://www.osx86.net...hrike_9480.html) but i dont understand point 2, 3, and 4. Can you describe me this process in detail.

Hmm..tricky..try wispering noname^^

noname

noname

OSx86.net Crew

• Super Moderators
  • 2,157 posts

Paludan2,

2. Right Click on EnableGraphic and Open With (search for TextEdit).

Then, put the name of your HDD as indicated. Save it.

3. Copy/PAste the kexts to /Extra/Extensions and ATY_init also in /System/Library/Extensions.

4. Open Terminal app and type:

sudo -s
(password)
and drag EnableGraphic to Terminal
press Enter

That should do it.

Compaq CQ58        | i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20 GHz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Clover - > Mavericks - 10.9.2

Acer Aspire E1-571 | i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 |  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | Clover -> Mavericks 10.9.2

USE SEARCH before starting a new thread

xwe

xwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Paludan2

Paludan2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
:) grats

xwe

xwe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Something is wrong with my soundcard. It was prodused by IDT. (high definition audio codec). I have tried many different kexts, but nothing have changed. May be it is a method, that is not so easy, but more effective than that i have used before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd turion, pavilion dv6, snow leopard 10.6.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users