*UPDATE: new update guide (much more easier) can be found here, please remark that it only works with the the provided hd48x0.plist from above mentioned link. anyway you can use my lower mentioned method for your install SL, and accessing SL the first time before you edit your 4800.kext*
I want to share my method with you. I have to remark, that I installed 10.6 from 10.5 that means, that I mounted the dmg or iso of 10.6 in 10.5, I clicked on the window where the Snow Leopard DMG was opened, press CMD + Shift + G to go to a specific folder and typed in W/O Quotes “/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/" and opened the OSInstall.mpkg . Choosed my Snow Leo HD which prepared before for installing a Mac OS. Installed it to the harddrive (you can choose HD you want to install to). I prepared a separate Chameleon USB stick with the files from Mike's tutorial for SL and my modified dsdt for SL.
1. Do not set resolution in com.apple.boot.plist (caused KP in my case)
2. followed this instructions and took and modified the plist file for 4850 mentioned in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...=post&id=54404
and put the hex into my com.apple.boot.plist
3. added the EVOenabler.kext to my Extra/Extensions folder of chameleon stick.
4. Added my Device ID of my Video card in the info.plist of the EVOenabler (maybe you can skip this step)
5. Rebooted and booted my SL Chameleon Stick. Choosed my Snow Leo HD and boot with -x.
6. Entered the first time SL, made a copy of my Extensions folder in S/L/E and modified the Info.plist of the ATI4800Controller.kext (found in S/L/E) with the device ID of my ati4850:
7. Repaired permissions of my chameleon boot stick and of the S/L/E folder.
8. Rebooted and had everything working perfect.
Thanks and regards go to OSX86 forum, Netkas and EFI-X Guru amantheboy who made efi-x-free guide for SL installation with chameleon:
My guide is based on the instructions of:
partly of SL install made by amantheboy (thanks to allow me to sell me efi-x lol!!!)
Thank you very much for