This will give users of the x4500 in 64bit snow leopard native resolution works also with 10.5.x I have tested on 10.5.6 thru 10.6.2 works on all 32/64 bit also gives native resolution to boot screen and Chameleon menu
1. Extract folder to your Desktop.
2. Open Terminal and type "diskutil list? w/o the quotes
3. Find the partition with OS X installed on it and remember its
identifier Mine is disk0s4 for example
Type cd /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Desktop/Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin/i386
but replacing YOURUSERNAME with, of coarse need I say?
4. you can copy and paste if you wish
sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/DISK_IDENTIFIER
sudo cp boot /
But replace DISK_IDENTIFIER with the terminal name for your partition
Now reboot and enjoy I have tested this on 1366x768 and 1280x800 resolutions I do not know if it will work with external monitors but if it does share your expaireance and Enjoy!
If you are using any 3100 kexts remove them before rebooting ALL of them
Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.
Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).
Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.
Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.
Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.
You can now hide HFS partitions too using in com.apple.Boot.plist.
Made the verbose output the using nVidia/ATI ROM's more useful.
Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).
Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).
Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.
By raulofsFebruary 04th 2010
New in this release:
Support for desktop Radeons 4300/4500/4600 in GraphicsEnabler
Added system-id fix, system doesn?t forget your keyboard settings anymore
Added fix for lynnfield cpus
2nd and 3rd are 3rd party fixes.
By PROTOCOLXThis bootfix is not a bootloader actually.. But only a bootfix!
I've edited a script from Chameleon RC4 684 bootloader and removed some parts from the script. This will not install any kexts, but should fix booting problems of a harddisk. I think this should work for Snowleopard and Leopard 10.5 also!
By amzorThis package will install Chameleon 2 RC4 r684 to your OS X partition. It provides full Snow Leopard support. It loads 64-bit kernel and extensions by default. To boot 32-bit kernel and extensions, use "arch=i386" as a kernel flag.
-Fixed booting the default partition when using timeout.
-Added Intel Core i5 detection.
-Applied rivig's patch against all stage 1 loaders.
-Added DigitalDJ's SMBIOS CPU detection patch.
-Applied IntVar's system-id patch.
-Added rekursor's patch which allows changing the UUID.
-Applied hnak's read_lba register saving patch.
-Added radekg's HFS filesystem fix to handle 2GB+ file sizes.
-Added Netkas' ATI device injection, EFI64 tables, and hibernation fix.
Many thanks go to the Voodoo team and everyone else who contributed to this wonderful boot loader.
Package made by Dr Hurt
December 16, 2009
For more information and support visit:
By amzorChameleon Boot Loader
What is it?
Chameleon is combination of various boot loader components. It is based
on David Elliott's fake EFI implementation added to Apple's boot-132
project. Chameleon is extended with the following key features:
- hybrid boot0+boot1h loaders for both MBR and GPT partitioned disks.
- automatic FSB detection code even for recent AMD CPUs.
- device-properties support.
- software RAID support.
- stage2 loader (boot) can be placed as a regular file in the boot
partition's root folder. It has precedence over the embedded
-JMicron IDE DVD fix, SSE2, K10, Phenom support !
For downloading the source code please visit the project page at
Chameleon is released under the terms and conditions of Apple Public
Source License (see attached APPLE_LICENSE) with the following restrictions:
You may use this software for personal, educational and evaluation purposes
only. To use this software for commercial purposes please contact us at:
By JohnAbout the new options
Hide Partition?Using this option you can enumerate all your partitions what you would like to remove from the boot menu, the syntax is similar to the Default Partition option but here you can specify many volumes in your com.apple.Boot.plist:
In the above example the booter won?t display partition 1 on BIOS drive 0 and partition 5 on disk 2.
PciRoot?This is a similar option what you can find in PC_EFI, but we?re doing this a bit different: The default value is still 0 but you can set to any arbitrary value like:
About the patches and fixes applied in RC4-r684
Here is a quick Changelog highlight:
Fixed booting the default partition when using timeout. Added Intel Core i5 detection.?Applied rivig?s patch against all stage 1 loaders. Now linear address mapping uses 12 bit offsets. Added DigitalDJ?s SMBIOS CPU detection patch. Applied IntVar?s system-id patch. Applied hnak?s read_lba register saving patch. Added radekg?s HFS filesystem fix to handle 2GB+ file sizes. Backported ATI device injection EFI64 tables and hibernation fix from netkas? PC_EFI. Thanks and credits goes for them!
By BansakuThis modified boot file fixes time and A/V speed issues for i5/i7 P55 chipset systems.
By dholmYet another bootloader that competes with Chameleon and PC-EFI. Claims to work form EFI as well as beeing able to boot original discs.
By ArobasefrPC EFI v10.5
October 21st 2009
New in release:
* Automatic detection of pci root uid value(for GraphicsEnabler and ethernetbuiltin options) based on parsing DSDT.aml file (if you dont use custom DSDT.aml, you will need to use -pci1 flag in case you have uid=1) . If booter fails to detect it or you dont have _UID property in pci root(in dsdt) then UID=0 used by default, but, if you have UID=1 and booter fails to detect it, use -pci1 boot flag. Uid detection works really well in most cases.
* Added aserebln?s patch for better cpu type detection, for example I dont need to add SMcputype key anymore
* Better handling of pci slot names if nvidia card present
By xiamipiThis RC3 build is a small update to RC2, but we?re providing the long-awaited proper Snow Leopard extensions loading and a few fixes like 1TB+ disk addressing support. There are also some changes have been made to the graphics enabler and to the smbios patcher. Also you can even build the Chameleon sources under 10.6.
By JohnNew version of chameleon based booter includes these new abilities:
- GraphicsEnabler now supports Radeon hd 2/3 series too, but only for Leopard
- GraphicsEnabler now set up bin_image property for all radeon hd cards found in system, should fix 100% fan speed issue.
- You can tell GraphicsEnabler(GE) to use custom version of bios(for overcloking/changing fan speed/ etc). Use option -useatirom, and GE will look for bios files in /Extra folder (from root and boot partitions, Extra from root partition has more priority). Place bios files to Extra folder and rename them to this format ? ati_XXXX_YYYY.rom, where XXXX ? devid, and YYYY ? vendor-id, for example rom file for 4850 should be named ? ati_9442_1002.rom.
- 3rd party sm_cpu_type patch added (well, doesnt work for me anyway) and 3d party patch to fix hibernation.
- Proper enumerating of all pci ethernet/video devices
- Fixed few typos
- Support for radeon hd 4730 (rv770 based card) added to GE, the card wasn?t tested tho
- Support for multiple Radeon hd 48?0 cards in SnowLeopard
Installation ? make sure you have chameleon2 installed, then replace boot file in boot partition with this one
By JohnFinally, a real way to give a name to that ?unknown? cpu in About this mac and System Profiler. DigitalDJ, an insanelymac forum user has posted a compiled version of PC_EFI v10.3 with cpu recognition built-in and he also released a KEXT for folks who want the choice.
Install: Overwrite the boot file in sym/i386/ on your bootdrive.
By JohnEvOsx86 team brings you this time a patch for Netkas?s PCEFI V10.3, this patch adds support to load ATI binary roms (in the download you will find a Ati 4890 rom) in Snow Leopard.
By JohnInstallation ? if you dont have chameleon2 installed yet ? get rc1/rc2 install pkg and use leopard to install bootloader, then replace boot file in root of boot partition with this
By GandalfkeBootloader nu ook met Snow Leopard ondersteuning
Interface lijkt op Bootcamp
By JohnFirst install Chameleon, then move the boot file to the root of the startup partition.