About This File
- Make full service for MAC OS X kexts easily. -
Improved version utility from cvad & russian MAC community.
Now for LION ready.
Kext Utility provides the next operations:
- Install multiple kext files simultaneously;
- Repair kexts permissions for system's and Extra folders;
- Pack kext files to mkext cache file.
- UnPack mkext cache files.
The utility uses a modified widely applied fastest method repairing of all (non)standart kexts with little improvements. To all kexts the identical permissions (a little more liberal, than it is necessary) are granted. Though it not 100% satisfies the system's "Disk Utility", however on working capacity of system, to the worst, does not affect.
Note that to run "Disk Utility" when you have enough time is the best way for repair all standart kext.
P.S. Kext Utility does not create the system cache itself, but only activates the system function to create it:
for Lion - kernelcache, for older MAC OS - Extensions.mkext.