About This File
App to dump OS X system information to aid troubleshooting.
A collection of scripts and tools to provide a convenient method to quickly gather a system overview of your OS X System. The app can be run from either the Finder or command line, with the resulting dumps saved to a 'DarwinDumperReports' folder in the same directory of the main app.
The following can be dumped:
- ACPI tables.
- Audio codec and further info.
- Boot loaders and configuration files.
- CPU Info.
- Disk partition structure / info.
- Disk sectors (hex).
- DMI (SMBIOS).
- I/O Kit Registry.
- EFI Memory Map.
- EFI vars (some).
- Kernel information
- Kexts - (list of currently loaded kexts).
- NVRAM (both Apple specific and UEFI firmware variables).
- SMC Keys.
- LSPCI (PCI vendor & device codes) dumps.
- System Profiler.
- System BIOS.
- System Log(s).
- Video BIOS.
The app can create an HTML report showing a complete overview.
What's New in Version 2.9.8
- v2.9.7 -> 2.9.8
- - Update VBIOS routine to use dumpACPI tool when checking for VFCT ACPI table in OS X 10.10
- - suppress system_profiler: Can't get X86PlatformPlugin messages.
- - UI elements are now non selectable (cannot be dragged over with mouse).
- v2.9.7 ->
- Fix issue where symlink would not be created is /usr/local/bin does not exist.
- Update UI dump_acpi info page.
- Replace dmidecode v2.12 with v2.12b.
- Commit local changes from beta versions to bring repo up to date.
- Revert to reading ACPI tables from ioreg for all versions of OS X before Yosemite.
- Fix bug where clover revision number ending in zero would be truncated.
- Update dumpACPI description.
- Remove duplicate line
- Add dumpACPI tool to dump ACPI tables from OS X, including Yosemite.
- Add UI info page for x86info
- Add licensing and source links for x86info to COPYRIGHT.txt file
- Run x86info binary as normal user, regardless of running with root privileges or not.
- Add CPU Info option. Using x86info binary (Thanks Slice).
- Add detection for a Non System FAT16 partition boot sector to the boot loader detection routine, to match the disk partition routine.
- Include Ozmosis Defaults.plist in bootloader configuration files dump. Adjust privatise routine to only mask loader confing data thats longer than 3 chars to avoid multiple search/replace issue.
- Fix bdisk script output for partition type 0f
- Replace edid-decode with version that now works in 10.8. Firmware log is now dumped regardless of firmware-version.
- Try twice to unload VoodooHDA.kext (because of dependencies), if the script loaded it.
- Replace MacGap binary with fat version.
- Oops - bit premature with that last commit
- Revise method of obtaining most recent AppleSystemLog
- Fix bug with multiple vbios ROM's
- Add word decoded to decoded Radeon ROM txt file.
- Replace 32-bit version of RadeonPCI.kext for OS X 10.6 and 10.7 with revised version by Slice.
- Update UI vbios info page and credits
- Add atomdis and AnalyseVBIOS binaries for gathering further vbios info (Thanks Slice).