About This File
NVIDIA Web Driver Updater
Application that search for the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers online and download the standard package from NVIDIA.
What is special with this?
Well, the downloaded package is modified on the fly to remove the hardware restriction, so you can immediately install the new drivers on your hackintosh!
El Capitan Beta's and DPs are still supported!
now NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app can patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext or install NVEnabler.kext, customizable as you wish! (since v1.1)
The InsanelyMac logo on the app is clickable and will connect you to the support topic here
// NVIDIA? WebDriver Updater
// Created by Micky1979 and fantomas1 on 09/10/2015.
// Copyright © 2015 InsanelyMac. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.5 See changelog
- 1.5 Now you can download all available old versions of the Web driver within the major OS version (you can chose 10.11.5 drivers (or 10.11.6 beta version), patch it for 10.11.6 final (same for other OSes)..waiting for a new release.
- 1.4 NVEnabler.kext can only be copied in Desktop (it is an invitation to install in /Extra or in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts)
- 1.4 New HelperTool
- 1.4 Fixed problem detecting the FS Protection
- 1.3 Nvidia shows Beta version of 10.11.2 by a partial build version string. This was causing old versions of the app to not shown the beta driver: fixed!
- 1.2 fixed a bug repairing kexts permissions.
- 1.1 Implemented an Helper Tool that allow the application to do privileged task as root.
- 1.1 Patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext with the OS build version you want (if you want).
- 1.1 NVEnabler.kext configurable by the app in each part (to activate your NVDIA card for systems w/o DSDT/Clover patches (good for Chameleon/Enoch)). To find the vbios for your card you can see at Thech Power Up site and download it, then load into the required field.
- 1.1 Automatically repair the kexts permissions of patched/installed kexts
- 1.1 Now you can install the downloaded Web Drivers package directly by NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app, the progress should be displayed in the interface
- 1.1 check SIP setting in El Capitan for the FS Protection. If enabled you can't install NVEnabler.kext nor patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext (you have to disable it before). You can still generate NVEnabler.kext to your Desktop or install the NViDIA Web Drivers with SIP fully enabled.
- 1.1 The app is code signed
- 1.0 Initial release