About This File
Chameleon is a boot loader built using a combination of components which evolved from the development of David Elliott's fake EFI implementation added to Apple's boot-132 project.
Chameleon v2 is extended with many features. For example:
- Fully customizable GUI to bring some color to the Darwin Bootloader.
- Load a ramdisk to directly boot retail DVDs without additional programs.
- Hibernation. Enjoy resuming your Mac OS X with a preview image.
- SMBIOS override to modify the factory SMBIOS values.
- DSDT override to use a modified fixed DSDT which can solve several issues.
- Device Property Injection via device-properties string.
- hybrid boot0 / boot1h for MBR and GPT partitioned disks.
- Automatic FSB detection code even for recent AMD CPUs.
- Apple Software RAID support.
- Nvidia & ATI/AMD Graphics Card Enabler.
- Module support
- Memory detection adapted from memtest86: http://www.memtest.org
- Automatic P-State & C-State generation for native power management.
- Message logging.
The code is released under version 2 of the Gnu Public License.