MrAtariMac

Samsung NP300E4C-A03US Notebook/Laptop for OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion Guide

Samsung NP300E4C-A03US Notebook/Laptop OS X 10.8.2 Guide

A 95% solution with no DSDT or SSDT edits required (so far).

I can’t say this will work exactly the same for anyone as it did for me. I did this install twice and results were the same both times. You should be able to do this in 8 hours total if you have reasonable computer skills (or over a weekend with a relaxed pace).

Although this guide is designed for a Samsung NP3004E, it may work for others. This laptop has the same processor (i5-3210M) and graphics (Intel HD 4000) as some 2012 MacBook Pro models, so compatibility in those respects are good. I have good HD graphics and HDMI output (HDMI sound is questionable).

Guide is large because I include ODD conversion steps to have a dual boot system; OS X on an SSD as the default, and the original Win7 HDD in a ODD bay cradle as an alternate boot option. Both work fine. And the SSD makes OS X pretty fast with no mods to increase speed.

Noteworthy:

Antheros AR9485WB-EG WiFi does not work. Cried uncle and bought an ASUS USB-N 10 adapter and it works great.

Trackpad works, but just not any gestures.

Realtek HDA0269 does not work, but VoodooHDA 2.8 does - everything but Mic (internal nor external). USB mic works fine.

Battery Status provided by VoodooBattery - works fine.

Others have mentioned that Voodoo.kexts have caused KPs, but these are working fine for me.

Have not dealt with 'sleep' issues because I choose not to use sleep as it's always problematic.

Bottom line, this was a great solution since I'm 95% up and running with no DSDT or SSDT in the Extra folder. It may be beneficial to get more vanilla and remove the Voodoo kexts, but this can be a good backup/restore point before moving on to that.

A lot more details in the attached Guide.

Lastly, I am not a regular Hackintosh person. If you have issues, I probably can't help you beyond this guide. This guide is primarily for me if I have to rebuild it someday - I'll never remember what I did without thorough notes. But hopefully someone else can benefit from this. Good luck.

00_Samsung NP300E4C OS X Guide.zip

On 12/8/2017 at 3:46 AM, dellalibera said:

the download is not working.

Will look into it