We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

vedati800

Help installing Snow Leopard on Acer Aspire windows 7 dual boot

Question

Please Help me. I installed Snow Leopard (iAtkos S3 v2) on my Acer Aspire, everything goes perfect, after install sucsessyfull, Restart computer (laptop) and it stuck on apple Logo, when i try to boot with iB{censored}, using -v or -x or something else, it stuck on darwin kernel version 10.8.0, or if i dont use iB{censored}, it stop at Starting darwin x86_64? Please help me, I try install on other my computer (Hp pavilion Intel Core i3 550 3.20 Ghz 3.20 Ghz desktop) it stuck in apple logo too. Maybe I have selected unsupported drivers installing Snow Leopard? help please. THANKS

2 answers to this question

By design, SL 10.6.X is way too old to run with anything newer than Sandy Bridge cpus.

AFAIK Intel HD3000 drivers were introduced with Lion 10.7, SL is not even aware of it. :(

IIRC, even Sandy Bridge needed a patched kernel. That in mind, you may try Nawcom´s Mod CD or USB and a retail SL DVD.

Nawcoms Mod has an option to install a patched kernel for unsupported cpus.

The newer your hardware, the less likely SL will work. SL Server in VMWare may be a solution if you need 10.6 on recent hardware.

For a hassle free install of SL choose any old Core2Duo or even DualCore, Intel 945GM chipset or better and a supported GPU.

A Lenovo T60 (intel iGPU only) or something similar will be a perfect match for example.