Sign in to follow this  
kellendamngood

Cant access NETWORK SETTINGS on hackintosh mountain lion

Question

Hello! im new to osx86 and hackintosh. nice to meet you all!

Ive been having network/internet troubles for the past month. Anything from no ip address, self assigned ip, no internet connection, all the way to no network settings access. Ive looked for, and installed kexts ive found along the way to try and help, deleting the old ones. which probably broke my access to the network settings section. Ive tried direct ethernet as well as my wifi card. but now i cant even look at the network settings :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I'm having similar self assigned IP problems right now that I can't really fix at the moment.

If you can't see network settings though, that probably means you deleted something crucial in your IONetworkingFamily.kext. I would recommend that you go into your installation disc/USB, go under S/L/E and copy a fresh version of it into your actual system S/L/E. That should at least get you your network configuration back, but it's probably not going to fix your connectivity problems.

I just resolved my issue with a CMOS reset, and then reconfiguring my BIOS. You might also want to disable LAN from the BiOS at first, boot with -f, reboot, enable LAN from BIOS and load again with -f. It should get back to working properly at this point.