We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

Sign in to follow this  
Damstas

Stuck on Apple logo and spinning wheel on boot

Question

Hi!

I have installed OS X Mountain Lion 1.8.3 on HDD, but when I try to boot spinning wheel and Apple logo won't disappear.

I have removed graphics kexts and after that I can boot with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

but not without those. What could be wrong?

Hardware:

CPU Intel i5-3570k

Motherboard Asus P877-V Pro

No graphics card, only HD4000

Toshiba 80 GB hdd (Mountain Lion install)

128 GB Intel 330 series SSD

500 GB WD Caviar Blue Sata 3

8 GB of Corsair RAM

Corsair AX 650 PSU

Asus DVD-drive DRW-24B3LT

Video about my problem:

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't backed up anything, but I deleted just some ATI, AMD and Nvidia stuff as suggested in other forum.

If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :S

If I need those flags to boot, can I somehow save them, that I don't need to enter them every time?

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

Im little newbie, so I'm not sure why I need those HD 4000 settings for? :confused:

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

You can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which should be in /Extra. Chameleon Wizard makes this easier. :)

You'll need those to enable QE/CI. More info here.

Thanks

How can I set GraphicsEnabler=No and UseKernelCache=No, since there are just options to tick Graphics Enabler and UseKernelCache. Do I just untick, if I want them to be =No ?

And now I got Kernel Panic..

Maybe I should just quit this whole Hackintosh thing, since I can't even get it to boot properly.

I don't even know what options to choose in Chameleon Wizard: Boot0hfs, Update.. Since I can't find any tutorials.

Edited by Damstas

What are you using to install kexts?? Are you using MultiB**st. This would probably be the best tool to use. It is available on {censored}****.com. Check out this site for a list of bootflags and what they mean. If you have installed OSX then you are doing very well. Most people who try to create a hackintosh can't even get that far!!! You are light years beyond 50% of those who try. The community here will assist you as much as we can.

Hi!

and thanks for the answer!

I tried to install basic boot flags in chameleon wizard, to get OS X booting normally without having to type any flags.

I haven't installed any kexts or anything. So should I have first used typed boot flags and then installed MB{censored} + kexts and then removed boot flags?