We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

lvg

How to install Mavericks on Asus S400CA-UH51T

Question

lvg    0

I already have mountain lion installed dual boot with windows 8.1 in my laptop having UEFI bios; which has intel i5 3317U, 8gb ram, 500 gb hdd with 24gb ssd cache, intel 4000 graphics and VIA HDA. I tried touch screen. Not working. Sound, camera, key board and mouse are working. I would like to install Mavericks fresh, not update. How to go about? Any link or help will be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

The guide speaks about installing in legacy bios mode not in UEFI bios. I do not want to disturb my windows installation. Any other solution?

So, which bootloader do you use currently? Clover, XPC, Ozmosis? With them, you can just run/double click Mavericks.app from your Mountain Lion/Applications and do upgrading. Anyway, safe your time redownloading by creating Mavericks Install Media first (backup as a USB installer).

?

Before that If you use Clover, don't forget to put FakeSMC and Keyboard/Mouse kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9. Inject those kexts on first and second reboot.

hor

?

So, which bootloader do you use currently? Clover, XPC, Ozmosis? With them, you can just run/double click Mavericks.app from your Mountain Lion/Applications and do upgrading. Anyway, safe your time redownloading by creating Mavericks Install Media first (backup as a USB installer).

?

Before that If you use Clover, don't forget to put FakeSMC and Keyboard/Mouse kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9. Inject those kexts on first and second reboot.

plz tell tell me how to install clover

@pro3oy, have you had a running hackintosh PC? If not yet, you might start with Chameleon bootloader and MyHack which is easier to understand how they work to begin OS X installation in PCs. BTW, you must have OS X machine (real Mac or hackintosh) especially to download OS X and create the installer.

?

To me, the obvious difference with EFI based boot loader (Clover/XPC/Ozmosis/Revoboot) is having a real experience as in real Macs when installing/upgrading OS X. Just download from App Store, run the app, reboot twice, and done. No need an installer except for a backup.

?

So, to install Clover, you can get its installer from here?http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/. Sure, spend your time in wiki page to get more info :)