Ozmosis Bootloader by?xpamamadeus

Abridged Edition by Lacedaemon

Features include color-coded words and illustrative pictures for readers age 4 and below, and large-type font for seniors!?

?

hackintosh-how-to2.jpg

?
WARNING: You will void your warranty if you use any of these mods, and there is no guarantee that this will work at all.
?
The Z77MX-QUO-AOS motherboard, made by Quo Computer, ships with a modified BIOS and the Ozmosis bootloader, which can supposedly run any OS.

?

eNRWzOh.jpg

?
Oz•mo•sis - a UEFI-based bootloader that was designed to boot any OS, and runs directly from the BIOS.
?
Through extensive testing on Aptio-based boards from Gigabyte, we have devised a successful installation procedure of Ozmosis on most UEFI-based motherboards.
?
Suitable BIOS versions are those that can write to the NVRAM without using the EMUVariableuefi driver from Clover. ?To see if your BIOS is suitable to run Ozmosis, install Clover and check if NVRAM variables are preserved after reboot, without using?EMUVariableuefi:

# In Terminal:nvram -p

Ozmosis can load kexts from the BIOS, which allows us to run OS X without modifying the vanilla installer.
?
Now that you've read the terms and agreements, here's what you'll need:

• An NVRAM-writeable BIOS version. Can be found (if lucky) in a forum thread, or by trial-and-error.
  • MMTOOL 4.50.0.23 to manipulate modules inside the BIOS firmware.
  • Ozmosis 1.01.0739M and it's associated drivers.

Without a BIOS that allows access to the NVRAM, we cannot use Ozmosis for installation, but only to boot an already-installed system.

• First of all, you'll need to free some space in the current firmware for a successful mod. ?Check?how much free space there is in the firmware using MMTool. There is typically 7 KB free in an untouched Gigabyte BIOS.?
  • Ozmosis will need about 570kb free space without kexts. ?To inject large amounts of kexts, you'll need to free more space.
  • An easy way to make free space in the firmware is to compress the?COREDXE module.?
  • Delete the default Filesystem?driver from the firmware because you'll use an enhanced version that works best with Ozmosis.?
  • Inject?Ozmosis?and it's drivers into the firmware. ?With this, we can boot into OS X if we have FakeSMC and needed drivers in /S/L/E.

To inject kexts in Ozmosis, they must first be converted to FFS format, which can be achieved using a script called?Kext2Ffs?by FredWsta and STLVNUB. ?Copy your kexts to the "Kexts" folder, run the script, and use MMTool to inject the output FFS into the firmware (compressed or uncompressed does not make a difference in functionality).
?
Now we can flash this onto our motherboard and test.
?
To change the SMBIOS, simply run the following commands in Terminal. ?Change the <> wrapped fields with your own SMBios.plist data:?

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=<Mac.BIOS.Version>sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=<MacFamily1,1>sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=<S0M3S3R14LNMBR>sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=<MacFamily>sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=<Mac-BoardIDHere>

Enjoy!
?
Credits for Ozmosis bootloader goes to?"The HermitCrab Labs"
?
Credits for this post go to?xpamamadeus[email protected] InsanelyMac! (original)

Questions You May Be Asking After Reading This Long, Confusing Guide

?

jMdZM7u.gif

?

Q: HA, you forgot to tell us how to inject our DSDT!
A:
You can put your DSDT in EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load.
?
Q: ...yeah alright, but what about SSDT! ?Bet you didn't see that one coming!
A:?There are mixed reports on SSDT, but the general solution would be to inject your SSDT into the DSDT. ?A simple copy/paste from the SSDT should do...

?
Q: How do I enter the most basic of all things OSx86... boot flags...
A:?Set them in NVRAM via the Terminal:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-args=<boot args here>

Alt + V should theoretically invoke verbose mode, I have never personally run Ozmosis long enough to try Alt + X (safe mode, theoretically) and so on.
?
Q: How do I select different OSes if I have a dual/triple boot setup?
A:?They should be displayed in your BIOS boot menu if you chose to install the EnhancedFAT module (surprise, it's optional). ?Spamming the Home key should get you into the boot menu, which in my experience, doesn't really work...

hi, please wich test for this

?

Suitable BIOS versions are those that can write to the NVRAM without using the EMUVariableuefi driver from Clover. ?To see if your BIOS is suitable to run Ozmosis, install Clover and check if NVRAM variables are preserved after reboot, without using?EMUVariableuefi

If I delete emuvariable, how do I tell if I need this driver or not, what try do I have to do?

Edited by Lacedaemon
Changed [CODE] to [QUOTE]

not yet but it is being worked on..? :devilish:

?

writeable nvram is NOT a requirement for Ozmosis! The Defaults.plist (smbios/variables) does get written to the boards nvram until a rest or defaults change because its loaded before entering osx. its not ideal to not have writeable nvram but it is also not a major problem and definitely wont stop you from enjoying osmosis.