• Donation Goals

Pay the bills

Thanks to everyone who has donated, all donations go right back into making the site better!

We used this to buy a better donation plugin so we will be able to set up donator rewards,  goals for new features and even premium support for that tosh that won't hack :)

Donate Now

Question

Can't get acceleration with HD 4000, getting smooth mouse movement but choppy whenever I open an application or hover over dock. ?Barely usable.

?

Also OS X is recognizing the graphics card but it only shows 4 MB of Video Ram :?http://imgur.com/ecrxcnE

?

Installed Yosemite with Clover bootloader(using MacPwn), using VESA graphics with no kexts whatsoever, just booting with cpus=1.

?

Are there any kexts I need to install? ?Bootflags? ?Injections?

?

?

HP Pavillion DV4 5113cl?

?

2.50 GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3210M?

?

Intel HD Graphics 4000

?

8 GB Ram

?

?

- John

4 answers to this question

hi

?

try with this in your config.plist

<key>Graphics</key><dict><key>ig-platform-id</key><string>0x01620004</string>    <key>Inject</key><dict><key>Intel</key><true/><key>ATI</key><false/><key>NVidia</key><false/></dict></dict>?

?

* 0x01620004 --> a_value from 0 to 11

?

I think Clover already Injects Intel as true.

?

Do I need any kexts to use ig-platform-id? ?

?

Also, where is config.plist? ?Can I just use bootflag ig-platform-id=0x0162000x when I boot instead of editing config.plist?

?

Thanks

Can't get acceleration with HD 4000, getting smooth mouse movement but choppy whenever I open an application or hover over dock. Barely usable.

Also OS X is recognizing the graphics card but it only shows 4 MB of Video Ram : http://imgur.com/ecrxcnE

Installed Yosemite with Clover bootloader(using MacPwn), using VESA graphics with no kexts whatsoever, just booting with cpus=1.

Are there any kexts I need to install? Bootflags? Injections?

HP Pavillion DV4 5113cl

2.50 GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3210M

Intel HD Graphics 4000

8 GB Ram

- John

Config ig-flatform-id = 0x01660003

Keep all AppleIntelHD... And AppleIntelSNB.. Default, Remove ALL NVDA*.kext GeForce*.kext

Boot with no inject NVDA card

Work full with me, 1024MB VRAM. Good luck!

I did a fresh install of 10.10.2 with Clover on my NUC Haswell i5 4250 with HD 5000 graphics and had the same issue.

?

Setting the "Intel" inject graphic setting to true and restarting, as mentioned above, worked for me and I have 1.5GB of VRAM available in "About this Mac" and the computer is actually usable now.