We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

Maneesh

Dual display with ATI HD 4870

Question

I have difficulty getting the dual display working with ATI HD4870 when booting with Clover boot loader. But when i boot with the Chameleon ..the display card is recognised as ATI Radeon HD 4800 and both display works.?

?

Appreciate help with getting the dual display working with Clover

?

1st screen - Dell S2409W ( 1920 x 1080)

2nd Screen - Sony 32?? ?(1360 x 768)?

11 answers to this question

On 7/8/2017 at 6:06 AM, dexter96 said:

can you give me tutor to enable hd 4870 ? my hd 4870 no signal at boot.

Hi,

If you have no signal at boot, it may indicate that a different or patched framebuffer is required.

Depending on what bootloader you're using, the invocation of a different framebuffer differs:

• Chameleon/Enoch/Chimera
AtiConfig=framebuffer
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
	<key>FBName</key>
	<string>framebuffer</string>
</dict>

I would recommend trying the Radeon framebuffer first.  If that doesn't work, then it is likely you will have to take the patch route.

Ive been succes with my vga cable, but in adobe illustrator its very slow when i draging mouse to pick a color, now i edited agpm but isn't help. try with dvi-i converter cable, my screen is blank after success boot, i try fbname in clover for cardinal, motmot, radeon but not help, btw only motmot fb name worked for me when using vga cable, dvi-i not work. sorry for bad english.. i'm Indonesian.. thx reply..

Edited by dexter96

On 7/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, dexter96 said:

in adobe illustrator its very slow when i draging mouse to pick a color

Sounds to me like graphics acceleration isn't fully working.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, dexter96 said:

try with dvi-i converter cable, my screen is blank after success boot

If this happens with any of the framebuffers you've tried, then you'll likely need to make your own patched one.  I linked a tutorial on how to do that farther up in the thread.