theconsumer1

[Mini GUIDE] Asus USB N13 Wifi Hackintosh Dongle

I tried everything listed here but it didnt work. ?Appearently there are two chipsets used by the Asus n13, ?one is by Ralink and the other by Realtek. ?The drivers that worked for me were for the Realtek version:?Realtek RTL8192CU.

?

I am not sure if this site allows you to link so, moderators, please feel free to cut this link out but please leave everything else:

?

http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192CU

?

Thats where I downloaded the install package. ?I am on 10.10 but i downloaded and installed 10.7 and it works fine. ?Remember to repair your permissions!

?

Hope that works!

I tried everything listed here but it didnt work. ?Appearently there are two chipsets used by the Asus n13, ?one is by Ralink and the other by Realtek. ?The drivers that worked for me were for the Realtek version:?Realtek RTL8192CU.

?

I am not sure if this site allows you to link so, moderators, please feel free to cut this link out but please leave everything else:

?

http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192CU

?

Thats where I downloaded the install package. ?I am on 10.10 but i downloaded and installed 10.7 and it works fine. ?Remember to repair your permissions!

?

Hope that works!

Hi, thank you for your knowledge. Links are acceptable on this forum!

I will edit the original post and include your information

I have the same problem... how do i return back to the default drivers before setting this fix. How do i get the default driver to replace RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

Because right now i dont seem to even detect the asus usb wifi stick which i could previously.

Also whe i run repair disk permissions i get the following error see attached picture.

I have the same problem... how do i return back to the default drivers before setting this fix. How do i get the default driver to replace RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

Because right now i dont seem to even detect the asus usb wifi stick which i could previously.

Also whe i run repair disk permissions i get the following error see attached picture.

?

You never attached a picture.

If the driver is not working, simply uninstall it the same way you installed it.?

Manually remove the two items:

• RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext? ?at ?/System/Library/Extensions
  • ??DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane? at ?\System\Library\PreferencePanes\

Then use kext utility to repair permission (much faster): ? http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4279-kext-utility-el-capitan-ready/

Afterwords, install the 10.7 pkg in the original post and try that