Sign in to follow this  
Arajin

MacBook Pro mid 2012 10.10.2 no internal speakers

Question

Hello everybody,

?

I realize this is not a Hackintosh related question, but I am out of options so I hope you can help me in any way.

Here's the deal:

?

My audiojack in my mid 2012 MacBook Pro is bust.. A jack broke off in there and I tried to fix it myself resulting in a destroyed digital-out switch.. Because of OSX' limitations the MacBook thinks there is a digital-out cable plugged in, blocking my internal speakers out.

I have tried cleaning, poking with a stick and other methods to fix this issue. Even took it to a repair shop but repair cost is €1200,- (which is little less than a brand new macbook). My insurance won't cover it unfortunately.

?

I don't think this is hardware only because an inferior operating system can make use of the internal speakers (windows/linux).

?

I have fiddled around with the VoodooHDA.kext but it doesn't bring up the internal speaker option in the sound options..?

?

Is there a way to get the speakers working again with any custom kext or whatever?

?

Thanks in forward,

Arajin

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet