hackintosh0505

Wanting to install Yosemite

Question

Hi guys,

I wish to thank the mods and forumers who helped me earlier - with my post 10.9 .

Now i wish to do a fresh installation of 10.10 . My earlier method was not a much preffered method, thus whatever knowledge i have in 10.9 can be set aside.

My hardware is ancient - gigabyte g41m + ati 5750.

I m not sure wic bootloader will work for me, any guide on which loader to use and a guide from scratch will b much appreciated.

Thanks.

You should try other framebuffers (later on) as well in this case.

They are not stored in the config.plist this way, but thats why I told you to do it this way. After a restart you've always your working config.plist back.

Do not test framebuffers with your config.plist. Do it like I told you.

First, remember to always backup your config.plist before changing/editing it.

You can use "Clover Configurator"

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configurator/

Open you config.plist with Clover Configurator.

Goto "Graphics"

There you can add the framebuffer, video ports and Inject ATI.

Try once with Inject ATI and once without it.

Upload your DSDT, maybe I can fix it? If needed?

If not I need a clean raw DSDT created with e.g. Clover F4

I did some tests with my HD5750:

I’m only using “Video Ports” = 3 in config.plist, nothing more for "Graphics".

So no framebuffer,, no Inject ATI, no ......

Let Clover decide what to use.

In terminal:

GA-P35C:~ rene$ ioreg | grep ATY

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,[email protected]  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000237, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (35 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002ce, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (32 ms), retain 17>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,[email protected]  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000238, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (37 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002d3, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21 ms), retain 17>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,[email protected]  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000239, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (39 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002e1, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (13 ms), retain 15>

All is working as it should.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 20.59.38.png

Wow, dual Cinema dispalys, nice.

I did try one or two other frame buffers...Baboon and galago gave no visual on both screens.

Eulemur worked just as vervet, but still there was no options for dual display in the sys pref.

That was wise of you, in asking me to just try the frambuffers in the menu only.

However, i had installed 10.11 in two different hdds, so that i can try all that i have to in one of the hdd. 

I still haven't tried the frame buffer in the plist. will try after this.

There is something i have to let u know, i dont know if this is caused  by me not deleting the EFI-backup folder during the installation, as i now recall you asking me to remove it....  In my hdd, there is no EFI folder ! only the EFI-backups ! 

http://Screen_Shot_2016_06_30_at_6_22_08_AM.png

http://Screen_Shot_2016_06_30_at_6_24_57_AM.png

Is this not suppose to be ? But in the EFI- backups, of course there is the EFI folder. So what i am saying is, that i am not able to extract the DSDT ! Even if i press f4 there is nothing dumped in the specified folder.

Anyway this is the DSDT, which i used. 

http://www.filedropper.com/dsdt

Do i have to begin from scratch again ? 

the codes for the terminal.. i dont copy this right  ? ---> 'GA-P35C:~ rene$ ioreg | grep ATY'

i only copy the rest of if and paste it, right ?

Edited by hackintosh0505

Did you also tried without assigning a framebuffer? Just like me.

If you can't see the EFI folder, you installed Clover in ESP (EFI System Partition).

So in this case you have to mount the EFI partition as I told before. There you'll find the EFI folder.

You should NOT mess with the EFI backup folder. That is only been used when you install Clover.

Because Clover is working now, you should not delete the EFI-backup folder anymore.

No, you do not have to start from scratch. Just use the config.plist on the EFI partition in the EFI folder. Clover Configurator has an option to mount the EFI partition.

Sorry, I was not clear.

My computername is -> GA-P35C:~ rene$ 

The terminal command is:

ioreg | grep ATY

But it is only to see which framebuffer is used.

Do you still have shutdown issues? If not there is no use to change your DSDT.

But I will have a look at it ;)

THANK YOU sooooo much! I did try meddling with frame buffers and without....at last it was the

'inject ati' .  i un-checked  it, and my dual screen setting works>>>> :):):)

so it is '3' in video ports and un-checked ati inject.

Like you said...i mounted the EFI folder with clover...and yeah i can see the DSDT dumped in the folder you mentioned..

However now, can't shut-down. screens shut down..no signal but the system wont shut down. 

Sorry for taking up so much of your time. will upload the DSDT from the extension folder.  Thank you so much again.

Nice :)

I've patch your DSDT with the "Shutdown Gigabyte" patch. The same issue I had when using Clover with my old DSDT. Shutdown didn't work properly. With Chameleon I didn't had to use the patch.

Lets hope this fix it for you too.

DSDTshutdownfix.zip

Need i say more.....thanks, thanks....the DSDT which you fixed did shut down the system :).

i think no one would help..i mean on line, as how you have helped me. Salute.

will post here the final product...just need to check one or two more stuffs. oh yeah need to check the sleep issue, i remember that u told that a specific file should not be present....

....when i update 10.11, is there anything that i will loose, which i have to tweak again ? that was the case with the previous build, i would loose the gnu setting and will have to look for fresh kexts...

i am all :D for now, thank God i found such help on line. I noticed that that the likes which you received in total...is almost equivalent to your number of posts.... u must have helped a lot of forummers :P

Edited by hackintosh0505