hackintosh0505

Wanting to install Yosemite

Question

Hi guys,

I wish to thank the mods and forumers who helped me earlier - with my post 10.9 .

Now i wish to do a fresh installation of 10.10 . My earlier method was not a much preffered method, thus whatever knowledge i have in 10.9 can be set aside.

My hardware is ancient - gigabyte g41m + ati 5750.

I m not sure wic bootloader will work for me, any guide on which loader to use and a guide from scratch will b much appreciated.

Thanks.

I think you can update, but best is to always make a backup first and then try it on the backup :)

The most important change is always the way how the caches will be updated the right way for your hackintosh.

http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/21313-guide-yosemite-1010el-capitan-1011-usb-bootable-installer_updated/

See point 3. Editing Config.plist

-v rootless=0 with injectkexts=Yes/True  &

<key>RtVariables</key> 

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x67</string>

<key>BooterConfig</key>

<string>0x28</string>

I think it is already set this way.

What rev is your motherboard?

rev 1.3 and 1.4 has VIA VT1708S

rev 2 has ALC887

Is sound working, if yes, what are you using?

I have no doubt that video will work after an update. Not sure about audio.

i updated it..... upon restarting for the the updates to be done, while it was showing the progress of the updating, with white screen and the apple logo, when it was 7 minutes left or so ....the system restarted...cant seem to boot clover at all.

any advise...thanks. 

Ok... Ironed that out.  The only issue which has returned ...seems to be unable to shut down. This is after the update.

the dsdt... What tool do i hv to use to tweak it. Thanks

What was the update issue?

I think you should remove the DSDT fixes in config.plist, if you have enabled (some) of them. You DSDT contains already those fixes AFAIK.

What do you what to edit in the DSDT? It looked good to me.

If you want to create a new DSDT you know how to.

For my old Gigabyte motherboards I always used DSDT Editor with the patches from MaLd0n. There is a patch for your motherboard too.

If you want to start over with your RAW DSDT and want some help, just upload it.

Disabled all the fixes.... In trying it. Lost a few settings. But the system did shutdown.

so restored to the original, only unchecked 'fix shutdown' and it worked. Thanks.

As all was done, i was attempting to clone the hdd with CCC.  But the cloned drive ddnt seem to boot, as i found that CCC is not cloning the EFI folder.

So i manually installed clover in the clone hdd, i am now posting from the cloned drive. Is this

normal for CCC to be not to be able to clone the EFI folder...

Thanks.